
I dont know how this keeps happening, but this week was Extraordinary! Wow, I love love love being a missionary, especially with everything going on here in the heart of Brooklyn. This past week was a flash, and I cant believe Im a week away from 21! holy smokes Im glad I didnt leave for my mission when I turned 19, or I would already be done.
First off, I wanted to talk about an amazing experience we had this week. Me and my compo Elder Wright were walking down a street in Canarsie, a neighborhood that is mostly hatian. We had just had a lesson with an investigator, Joy, and we were walking back to the bus. It was getting late, and it was time to go back home. As we are walking, elder wright said, "we should knock this block" I said ok, and off we went, and wouldnt you guess it, the second door we knocked on was a golden woman who wanted to hear all about the Book of Mormon, and had always thought there should be a prophet on the earth! Holy cow, are you kidding me! It was sooo sweet! I love it!
This week we also got to meet with Johan, Arthur, the Chans, Joy, Pat, Mendy, Phalles, Greg, Nicholas, Tony, and Monica! Wow, it was a busy week. But as a missionary, being busy is the best thing ever! Each one of those lessons was amazing, I just wish I had time to talk about each of them! oh well,
now for the Q's and A's:
1. Can you share with us an extra special lesson you and your companion taught this week? The best was with the Chans on friday night. We went over and were just talking with them and their mom. I just loved being over in that atmosphere, and their grandma is the nicest woman ever, she always shakes my hand and says something in cantonese, but I have no idea what it means.
1. Can you share with us an extra special lesson you and your companion taught this week? The best was with the Chans on friday night. We went over and were just talking with them and their mom. I just loved being over in that atmosphere, and their grandma is the nicest woman ever, she always shakes my hand and says something in cantonese, but I have no idea what it means.
2. How is your teaching pool doing? I’m thinking it must be up to on Olympic Sized Teaching Pool by now. AMAZING! Absolutly amazing!
3. Anything on your Birthday Wish List? Nothing special
4. What was your best meal of the week? Yesterday we had taco salads at the ward mission leaders home, and it was pretty bomb.
5. What would you like us to know about being better member missionaries? Talk to your friends, and just let the conversation naturally move to the church. But make sure it does get there, because telling them is soooo important.
I'm running out of time, so I gotta fly. But I love this work, and I love these people. I love everything about being here, except that time is flying by waaay to fast. Continue to pray for the missionary work around the world, and the Lord hears our prayers.
Sly,
Eto
Eto
No comments:
Post a Comment