
I cant believe that another week has come and gone, but Im so excited for what this week holds in store. This last week was amazing! Yesterday, Nahshon and Nakiya were confirmed, and afterwards Nahshon told me he had been waiting his whole life for the feeling of having the holy ghost with him, and he said it was better then he could have imagined. What an amazing kid.
Also this week I was able to find a copy of the Book of Mormon stories book, the book of Mormon with the cartoons inside, and the Chans are lovin it. It is perfect for people who are trying to understand what is going on in the Book of Mormon, and dont understand all the complicated old english! It is sweet. During sacrament meeting, the youngest, Jacquelin saw a painting of the dream of the tree of life, and she pointed out the iron rod, and the glowing fruit! It was an awesome moment. These kids are so bright, and by wednesday, they will have all read the entire book. I love em.
Then on thursday we had an amazing miracle. We went to one of the members houses to teach our investigator Johan, who is from Amernia. When he gets there, he has one of his friend's with him. His name is Arthur, and he is from Armenia too, and was interested in learning about the church. So we taught him the first lesson, and Johan was testifying the whole time. It was the most powerful first lesson I have even been at. WOW!
So many amazing other things are happening here, I just dont have the time to tell you everything! I love being in Brooklyn, it is the best, and I wouldnt want to be anywhere else!
Now for the q and a's:
Questions for Elder T.O.
Also this week I was able to find a copy of the Book of Mormon stories book, the book of Mormon with the cartoons inside, and the Chans are lovin it. It is perfect for people who are trying to understand what is going on in the Book of Mormon, and dont understand all the complicated old english! It is sweet. During sacrament meeting, the youngest, Jacquelin saw a painting of the dream of the tree of life, and she pointed out the iron rod, and the glowing fruit! It was an awesome moment. These kids are so bright, and by wednesday, they will have all read the entire book. I love em.
Then on thursday we had an amazing miracle. We went to one of the members houses to teach our investigator Johan, who is from Amernia. When he gets there, he has one of his friend's with him. His name is Arthur, and he is from Armenia too, and was interested in learning about the church. So we taught him the first lesson, and Johan was testifying the whole time. It was the most powerful first lesson I have even been at. WOW!
So many amazing other things are happening here, I just dont have the time to tell you everything! I love being in Brooklyn, it is the best, and I wouldnt want to be anywhere else!
Now for the q and a's:
Questions for Elder T.O.
1. How are you this fine warm week in August? It is hot! The summer weather came around, and it is hot now. But it is waaay better then it being 20 degrees.
2. What happened this week that you can hardly wait to share with us? Probably Johan bringing Arthur to the lesson, then them both coming to church. It was pretty much the most exciting part of the week. Oh yeah, on saturday, 7/11 had a community day, and it was free slurpees! that was pretty sweet too!
3. How is that amazing teaching pool doing? I just love hearing about them. Incredible. Amazing. I love the people we are working with!
4. What miracle (s) did you see this week that you can share? Probably would have to do with the Chans. I gave them an assignment to read a couple of verses from the BoMo and they did it! And slowly but surely the Lord is answering their questions.
5. What more can you tell us about your new companion? Is he a hard worker and a good rule follower? He is a very hard worker and very motivated. He is always anxious to get up at 630. He is such a great elder, im learing new things from him everyday/
6. Which part of the Book of Mormon did you study today? 3 Nephi 13.
7. Which chapter in Preach My Gospel? Chapter 10. Teaching skills. One of my favorite chapters in PMG.
I am so excited for this week, because we have the whole week planned begining to end, so we will be busy. We also get to have a special zone conference on Thursday with Elder glen l. pace of the 70. Im pretty excited about that too!
I love all of you, and thanks for all the support. I love the letters I get in the mail! Thank you.
Sly,
elder t.o.
I am so excited for this week, because we have the whole week planned begining to end, so we will be busy. We also get to have a special zone conference on Thursday with Elder glen l. pace of the 70. Im pretty excited about that too!
I love all of you, and thanks for all the support. I love the letters I get in the mail! Thank you.
Sly,
elder t.o.
No comments:
Post a Comment