
I cant believe it happened again! Another Sensational week has come and gone! After the baptism last week, this week was soo busy. We got two new elders working in our ward, Elder Pincock, and Elder Moore. They are really good room mates, so it is back to having 4 people in our pad, like the good old days.
The highlight of the week was on wednesday. The new mission president just made a brand new rule, that you are allowed to go with recent converts to the temple for baptisms for the dead. We decided since the rule was effective as of wednesday, to take advantage. We made some phone calls, and we had an awesome trip. 6 of the members of the ward got to go do baptisms for the dead for the first time. It was SENSATIONAL! Afterwards, they were all glowing, and were so happy about being able to go. It is such a blessing to have a temple so close by.
The other highlights of the week included an amazing week at church where alot of the people we are working with came, and loved it! By the way, I forgot to mention last week. The family we baptized is Phales(husband), Mendy, and Danesha! They are the coolest family of all time! I love them, and they are such stellar members already!
Now for the q's and a's:
Questions for Elder Thiot
1. After your Unbelievalbe Week last week, how was this week? So awesome, I love everyday out here, it is so sweet.
2. Who did you meet this week that was extra special? I got to meet a man who ordered a book of mormon. He had so many great questions, and we had all the answers, he was really excited for us to come back and teach more.
3. Are you delighted or disappointed about Transfers keeping you in the same area? So excited! are you kidding? I never want to leave bensonhurst. This is the best ward anywhere, and I never want to have to go anywhere else. I am keeping my fingers crossed I will be here for 5 more transfers!
4. What did you think of the Manhattan temple? Was that your first time to go? It was my first time, and it was beautiful. Way cooler then the pictures I had seen. Its so cool how you walk out of the subway, and between a number of 50 story towers is the House of the Lord!
I cant say it enough, but I love it out here! I wouldnt want to be anywhere else in the world! It such an amazing city, and such a great work. I love my companion, and I love the area, I couldnt be any happier!
I know that it is only by truly repenting that each of us can return to our Father in Heaven. Something I learned this week that I didnt think about before, is that in everything in this world, to be the best at something means your in an elite group. Its like a pyramid, with the best at the top being the fewest. But that isnt how salvation works. The atonement provided the opportunity to repent for all! It is so perfect!
With all my sellotape,
Elder T.H.I.O.T.
The highlight of the week was on wednesday. The new mission president just made a brand new rule, that you are allowed to go with recent converts to the temple for baptisms for the dead. We decided since the rule was effective as of wednesday, to take advantage. We made some phone calls, and we had an awesome trip. 6 of the members of the ward got to go do baptisms for the dead for the first time. It was SENSATIONAL! Afterwards, they were all glowing, and were so happy about being able to go. It is such a blessing to have a temple so close by.
The other highlights of the week included an amazing week at church where alot of the people we are working with came, and loved it! By the way, I forgot to mention last week. The family we baptized is Phales(husband), Mendy, and Danesha! They are the coolest family of all time! I love them, and they are such stellar members already!
Now for the q's and a's:
Questions for Elder Thiot
1. After your Unbelievalbe Week last week, how was this week? So awesome, I love everyday out here, it is so sweet.
2. Who did you meet this week that was extra special? I got to meet a man who ordered a book of mormon. He had so many great questions, and we had all the answers, he was really excited for us to come back and teach more.
3. Are you delighted or disappointed about Transfers keeping you in the same area? So excited! are you kidding? I never want to leave bensonhurst. This is the best ward anywhere, and I never want to have to go anywhere else. I am keeping my fingers crossed I will be here for 5 more transfers!
4. What did you think of the Manhattan temple? Was that your first time to go? It was my first time, and it was beautiful. Way cooler then the pictures I had seen. Its so cool how you walk out of the subway, and between a number of 50 story towers is the House of the Lord!
I cant say it enough, but I love it out here! I wouldnt want to be anywhere else in the world! It such an amazing city, and such a great work. I love my companion, and I love the area, I couldnt be any happier!
I know that it is only by truly repenting that each of us can return to our Father in Heaven. Something I learned this week that I didnt think about before, is that in everything in this world, to be the best at something means your in an elite group. Its like a pyramid, with the best at the top being the fewest. But that isnt how salvation works. The atonement provided the opportunity to repent for all! It is so perfect!
With all my sellotape,
Elder T.H.I.O.T.
No comments:
Post a Comment