Happy Yom Kippur! Today is the day of atonement for those of the Jewish faith, and in New York City, it is a full blown holiday. No Schools and a ton of buisnesses are closed today.
Anyways, This was an amazing week here in Brooklyn. We had a ton of opportunites to teach new people, and share the good news! And thats what it is all about. Yesterday Mendy and Phales were confirmed, and it was an amazing experience. Afterwards they were telling me they could feel a real difference from having the gift of the Holy Ghost. So sweet!
We also got to visit alot of the members house and present a new member missionary work plan. They are such an amazing ward, and they are always helping us teach and retain. During the sacrament yesterday I was looking at all the new people that are attending the church, it helps me realize how great missionary work is! I love it out here! Now for the Q's of the week:
Questions for Elder Thiot
1. How are you? How has your first week of autumn been? It has been busy! The weather is having a hard time deciding what season it is. It has been 50 degrees one day, and 80 degrees the next day, and then raining on Sunday. It keeps me on my hills.
2. How is your district doing? How many missionaries are in it? Any sisters or all elders? The district just changed actually. We had all the chinese elders in our district, but now it is just the english missionaries in Bensonhurst. Four elders and two sisters. The sisters in the district are way cool.
3. For General Conference, do you get to watch at the Chapel or Stake Center? Do they have Russian Translation for your sweet Russian Members? I’m excited for you! We watch it all the chapel because the stake center is a 40 minute train ride away. And yes, they have it translated into Russian!
4. Can you tell us about a lesson you taught this week that you’ll never forget? It was yesterday, we went to one of the Recent Converts, Michael Re, who got baptized in June, and had dinner with his family. They are all catholic, but we had an amazing conversation about how the church had helped Michael out so much, and how they had felt the spirit at his baptism! It was sooo cool. 5. What’s on your agenda for Preparation Day? Laundry, cleaning, and a trip up to North Brooklyn, then on to play some soccer at Prospect Park. The weather is perfect today, so we want to get as much soccer played before the snow comes!
This week really was fantastic, and I love every minute out here. I cant even tell you how excited I am to be able to hear the words of a prophet again. This is the most excited I have ever been for conference!!! Thanks for the letters, I love y'all so much.
Sly,
elder sky
Anyways, This was an amazing week here in Brooklyn. We had a ton of opportunites to teach new people, and share the good news! And thats what it is all about. Yesterday Mendy and Phales were confirmed, and it was an amazing experience. Afterwards they were telling me they could feel a real difference from having the gift of the Holy Ghost. So sweet!
We also got to visit alot of the members house and present a new member missionary work plan. They are such an amazing ward, and they are always helping us teach and retain. During the sacrament yesterday I was looking at all the new people that are attending the church, it helps me realize how great missionary work is! I love it out here! Now for the Q's of the week:
Questions for Elder Thiot
1. How are you? How has your first week of autumn been? It has been busy! The weather is having a hard time deciding what season it is. It has been 50 degrees one day, and 80 degrees the next day, and then raining on Sunday. It keeps me on my hills.
2. How is your district doing? How many missionaries are in it? Any sisters or all elders? The district just changed actually. We had all the chinese elders in our district, but now it is just the english missionaries in Bensonhurst. Four elders and two sisters. The sisters in the district are way cool.
3. For General Conference, do you get to watch at the Chapel or Stake Center? Do they have Russian Translation for your sweet Russian Members? I’m excited for you! We watch it all the chapel because the stake center is a 40 minute train ride away. And yes, they have it translated into Russian!
4. Can you tell us about a lesson you taught this week that you’ll never forget? It was yesterday, we went to one of the Recent Converts, Michael Re, who got baptized in June, and had dinner with his family. They are all catholic, but we had an amazing conversation about how the church had helped Michael out so much, and how they had felt the spirit at his baptism! It was sooo cool. 5. What’s on your agenda for Preparation Day? Laundry, cleaning, and a trip up to North Brooklyn, then on to play some soccer at Prospect Park. The weather is perfect today, so we want to get as much soccer played before the snow comes!
This week really was fantastic, and I love every minute out here. I cant even tell you how excited I am to be able to hear the words of a prophet again. This is the most excited I have ever been for conference!!! Thanks for the letters, I love y'all so much.
Sly,
elder sky
Sounds like Elder t.o. is doing so good! And of course the sister missionaries are way cool!-- how else would they be? :) We love you Sky!
ReplyDelete-s
I wonder if he will listen to Conference in Russian???? I'm excited for it too, and to see you!!!
ReplyDelete