This week was too good to be true! It had an amazing event after some miraculous happenings! I can tell you if I hadn't been apart of it, Im not sure I would believe it. The week started out great, when on Wednesday I was able to go to the Manhattan temple for a temple trip with a group of missionaries. It was so nice to be inside of a building in the middle of the loudest city on earth, and just have peace. It was sweet!
Then, on friday, it was September 11th, so we got to see the lights that they have to memoralize the attacks against this great city 8 years ago. Although at night it was overcast, so instead of the two pillars, the lights that represented the twin towers set all the clouds glowing. It was beautiful.
Saturday was wonderfully stressful. Mendy, who was baptized yesterday, was on call to go work at the hospital. She was worried they would call in, so we all decided to pray that they wouldnt call, and she could come and get baptized with her husband. On Saturday night, I called to see if the hospital called or not, but they didn't answer the phone. I called again and again, but still no answer. I was pretty stressed by now, wondering what was going on! On Sunday morning they called and told me they were on their way to church and would explain what happened! It turns out, all of our prayers were answered. On Friday night, Mendy's phone stopped having reception. And she didnt have any cell reception until Sunday morning. It turns out her job was trying to call her, but because she didnt have any service, they couldnt get ahold of her, and she was able to come to church and get baptized!
After the baptism, which was sooo sweet, she bore the most powerful testimony about the whole experience. It strengthened my testimony alot!
They are so awesome, I wanted to tell you more about them, but I didnt want to jinx them getting baptized, so I thought it would be a good surprise to let you know the day after! And it was sooo great! Now for the questions:
Then, on friday, it was September 11th, so we got to see the lights that they have to memoralize the attacks against this great city 8 years ago. Although at night it was overcast, so instead of the two pillars, the lights that represented the twin towers set all the clouds glowing. It was beautiful.
Saturday was wonderfully stressful. Mendy, who was baptized yesterday, was on call to go work at the hospital. She was worried they would call in, so we all decided to pray that they wouldnt call, and she could come and get baptized with her husband. On Saturday night, I called to see if the hospital called or not, but they didn't answer the phone. I called again and again, but still no answer. I was pretty stressed by now, wondering what was going on! On Sunday morning they called and told me they were on their way to church and would explain what happened! It turns out, all of our prayers were answered. On Friday night, Mendy's phone stopped having reception. And she didnt have any cell reception until Sunday morning. It turns out her job was trying to call her, but because she didnt have any service, they couldnt get ahold of her, and she was able to come to church and get baptized!
After the baptism, which was sooo sweet, she bore the most powerful testimony about the whole experience. It strengthened my testimony alot!
They are so awesome, I wanted to tell you more about them, but I didnt want to jinx them getting baptized, so I thought it would be a good surprise to let you know the day after! And it was sooo great! Now for the questions:
Questions for Elder Thiot…..
1. How are you Elder Thiot? How was your week of serving the Lord in NYNY? Perfect! The greatest week of service so far!
2. What happened this week that you can’t wait to share with us? We had a baptism! It was the best day ever!
3. Where are you in your Book of Mormon Study? The book of 2 nephi, the most misunderstood book!
4. I’m wondering if the children’s Book of Mormon stories ever arrived on your porch? How about a new Sunday shirt, did it ever come? They both came! Thank you so much! Those children's books of Mormon are the best. That would be another great gift for chirstmas, hint hint. :)
5. What happened this week to help you Grow Your Faith? See opening section of email!
6. What are you studying in Preach My Gospel? Lesson 4! I love the commandments, because there is a blessing for each one.
7. Can you update us on your investigators? We LOVE hearing about them. Pretty much everybody is doing really good. The Chans continue to be amazing. We are trying to help Johan and Arthur get work off on sundays. Monica is set with a baptismal date. And Joy is coming back in town this week so we can got check up on her, yay!
This week was phenominal, and I wish I could live it over and over again. But now its time for a new week, and new opportunities. Tomorrow is transfers, and me and Elder Wright are staying put here in Bensonhurst, so this will be my 7th transfer here, a new record! Its pretty exciting, I love being here!
I love this work, and couldnt imagine doing anything else. Thanks for everyone who continues to send letters and emails, they are the bom. I love y'all, keep fightin' for your faith.
Sly,
ELdER THiOT
1. How are you Elder Thiot? How was your week of serving the Lord in NYNY? Perfect! The greatest week of service so far!
2. What happened this week that you can’t wait to share with us? We had a baptism! It was the best day ever!
3. Where are you in your Book of Mormon Study? The book of 2 nephi, the most misunderstood book!
4. I’m wondering if the children’s Book of Mormon stories ever arrived on your porch? How about a new Sunday shirt, did it ever come? They both came! Thank you so much! Those children's books of Mormon are the best. That would be another great gift for chirstmas, hint hint. :)
5. What happened this week to help you Grow Your Faith? See opening section of email!
6. What are you studying in Preach My Gospel? Lesson 4! I love the commandments, because there is a blessing for each one.
7. Can you update us on your investigators? We LOVE hearing about them. Pretty much everybody is doing really good. The Chans continue to be amazing. We are trying to help Johan and Arthur get work off on sundays. Monica is set with a baptismal date. And Joy is coming back in town this week so we can got check up on her, yay!
This week was phenominal, and I wish I could live it over and over again. But now its time for a new week, and new opportunities. Tomorrow is transfers, and me and Elder Wright are staying put here in Bensonhurst, so this will be my 7th transfer here, a new record! Its pretty exciting, I love being here!
I love this work, and couldnt imagine doing anything else. Thanks for everyone who continues to send letters and emails, they are the bom. I love y'all, keep fightin' for your faith.
Sly,
ELdER THiOT
I love Elder Thiot!
ReplyDelete