
President Steven Bennion, Elder Sky's mission President for a few more weeks.
Another Sensational Week!
Sooo Cool! I love missionary work so much, I just wish everyone could come and hang out with me for a day and feel the spirit that is here! it is amazing!
So this was a fantastic week, but no baptisms. Oh well, but the good news is, everything is set for a June 8th baptism, we just need everyone to pray for Greg to continue to be strong so he can conquer cigarettes! After talking with him yesterday, we have figured out a new plan to get them out of his life, and he is so excited and willing to do it! He can use as many prayers as can be said! As missionaries we aren't supposed to ask people at home to join with us in fasts, but next week when your fasting, just remember Greg and keep his sweet spirit in your minds!
The rest of the week was packed with appointments and activites. I will tell you about one miracle that we experienced.
The sister missionaries who live in the area north of us called tuesday night and told us about a woman they met on a bus and how interested she was. I felt an impression we should get to her house as soon as we could. We got there at 730pm and started to talk with her. she told us about how she had been baptized in a Born~Again church just a year before. We told her about the importance of authrority in baptism, and the priesthood. Then she looked at me and said, "So I need to baptized again, by someone with the priesthood?" Exactly! She is excited for July 12th, and we are hoping to help her prepare for that day!
We had a similair experience with a man named nicholas on Friday! It was raining miracles left and right!
Wow, I'm lovin' this!Questions for Elder Thiot
1. How are you? Tanfastic!
2. How was the last week of May in the New York New York South Mission? Amazing and kind of bittersweet! President Bennion had his last zone conference with us on tuesday, so it was sad to say goodbye to him. We get the new mission president on June 30th! I cant believe its June! I just got her in January, and holy smokes, its june!
3. How are the folks you are teaching doing? How’s Greg? Awesome, and progressing! Our sacrament meeting was dotted with investigators, pretty cool stuff!
4. How are your feet? pretty good! no complaints.
5. What hymn have you been humming this morning? Come though Fount of every Blessing
6. BONUS…. Could life get better? Nope!
7. Anything you need that we could do for you? Cant think of anything.
I love this work so much, and im so glad to be here at this time for this work. Im so grateful for the divine way our lives can be guided. I see why I am in New York, and not Russia. Although I loved it there, there were people here who God needed to hear the Gospel from me, and that strengthens my testimony everymorning, and gives more purpose to every second of the day!
Love y'all the most,
Elder sky t.o.
Sooo Cool! I love missionary work so much, I just wish everyone could come and hang out with me for a day and feel the spirit that is here! it is amazing!
So this was a fantastic week, but no baptisms. Oh well, but the good news is, everything is set for a June 8th baptism, we just need everyone to pray for Greg to continue to be strong so he can conquer cigarettes! After talking with him yesterday, we have figured out a new plan to get them out of his life, and he is so excited and willing to do it! He can use as many prayers as can be said! As missionaries we aren't supposed to ask people at home to join with us in fasts, but next week when your fasting, just remember Greg and keep his sweet spirit in your minds!
The rest of the week was packed with appointments and activites. I will tell you about one miracle that we experienced.
The sister missionaries who live in the area north of us called tuesday night and told us about a woman they met on a bus and how interested she was. I felt an impression we should get to her house as soon as we could. We got there at 730pm and started to talk with her. she told us about how she had been baptized in a Born~Again church just a year before. We told her about the importance of authrority in baptism, and the priesthood. Then she looked at me and said, "So I need to baptized again, by someone with the priesthood?" Exactly! She is excited for July 12th, and we are hoping to help her prepare for that day!
We had a similair experience with a man named nicholas on Friday! It was raining miracles left and right!
Wow, I'm lovin' this!Questions for Elder Thiot
1. How are you? Tanfastic!
2. How was the last week of May in the New York New York South Mission? Amazing and kind of bittersweet! President Bennion had his last zone conference with us on tuesday, so it was sad to say goodbye to him. We get the new mission president on June 30th! I cant believe its June! I just got her in January, and holy smokes, its june!
3. How are the folks you are teaching doing? How’s Greg? Awesome, and progressing! Our sacrament meeting was dotted with investigators, pretty cool stuff!
4. How are your feet? pretty good! no complaints.
5. What hymn have you been humming this morning? Come though Fount of every Blessing
6. BONUS…. Could life get better? Nope!
7. Anything you need that we could do for you? Cant think of anything.
I love this work so much, and im so glad to be here at this time for this work. Im so grateful for the divine way our lives can be guided. I see why I am in New York, and not Russia. Although I loved it there, there were people here who God needed to hear the Gospel from me, and that strengthens my testimony everymorning, and gives more purpose to every second of the day!
Love y'all the most,
Elder sky t.o.
No comments:
Post a Comment