Monday, June 8, 2009

Gooood Morning!

This week was another miraculous week! I cant believe everything that happened this week! Greg is still getting set for his baptism, but two more people we met this week have set a baptismal date in July! Its pretty exciting to see these people's faces light up when you talk about the gospel with them.
We were able to find 5 new people for the teaching pool, and one is an awesome family! Our teaching pool is packed right now, and so the challenge is setting up the appointments so we are able to meet with all the different people during the week. It can be a challenge when you have to rely on NYC public transport. A bus can take 25 minutes to show up, and so you have to build in enough bus time, and so you can expect the unexpected.
One of the new investigators is Devon. He is from Jamaica and has 8 kids! He is really interested about finding out everything he can about the book of Mormon, and can’t get enough of reading it.
Most of our investigators where able to come to church as well, which is pretty exciting, because you know they really have the desire! I love this work so much!!!

Now for the Q's:
Questions for Elder Thiot:
1. How are you doing today? Couldn’t be better! I’m loving this work so much, I just have a smile all the time, i cant help it.
2. How was this past week? What did you learn? The week was amazing! I learned a lot about planning. If you have a lot to do, you have to plan everything out, or you will get some headaches.
3. What are your plans for Preparation Day today? We are going to play soccer right after emails, then were going to take a tour of The Watchtower, the headquarters of the Jehovah's Witnesses' church, which is right here in Brooklyn, go figure.
4. Did your book and cookies and t-shirt arrive? Yes and yes, and the cookies were amazing, thanks T!
5. Where are you reading in the Book of Mormon this week? Ether, hopefully will be to Moroni by Sunday.
6. BONUS for You: How excited are you for being a missionary this 2nd week of June? SOOO excited!

Although missionary work can be hard at times, there is nothing more rewarding in the whole world! I love being here, and I love working with these people. The people of Brooklyn are good people, and many of them are ready to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ! And that’s our opportunity, to show them the way to do that! I love all of y'all.
love,
Elder t

1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear of all your success. I'm sure it's beacause you went prepared and ready to work hard. I'm glad to hear that you're loving the work. Missinoary work is awesome.
    Continue to have fun doing it. The smile on your face is awesome.
    SLY
    The Clinger Family

    ReplyDelete