Something I have learned to be a true statement, is "come what may, and love it!" Elder Wirthlin knew what he was talking about, and that was proven this week. Yesterday turned out to be an excellent day despite not everything going as we had planned.
So Greg did not get baptized, but he is ok, he just needed more time. He still needs your prayers, but we are going to see him tonight, and he was at church yesterday, so he hasn’t blown us off, he just wants to get his life more in harmony with the gospel before the big day, and so we have pushed the day back, but he is still committed and willing. I will update you on what happens next week.
But not to worry, this didn’t damper what an amazing Sunday it was! Two of the recent converts we have been working with received the Melchezedic(sp?) priesthood, and that was super exciting. And top of a great day, Mario was able to be baptized!!! It was an amazing service, and when we had sorted everything out, and I looked down at the program and I was giving the talk on the Holy Ghost! Thankfully it took Mario a long time to dry off so I had a little time to prepare. But the spirit was really strong and we had 3 of Mario's friends come and stay for all 3 hours of church, pretty much amazing!
The rest of the week was filled with excitement. We found 4 new people who are teaching now, and we have a nice pool to work with now. Not everything is perfect, but I'm definitely loving it. How marvelous a work and a wonder we as missionaries are able to be a part of!
Now for the Q's and A's!
Questions for Elder Thiot????
1. How are you this fine day? Amazing! The libraries are closed so we are sitting in a pretty ghetto internet cafe in Chinatown Brooklyn, pretty cool stuff.
2. How was Sunday, May 24th? I was so wishing I could sneak into the Benson Hurst Chapel at 1:00 yesterday. Can you tell us all about it? I’m hoping for Photos? Mario's Baptism was amazing. The spirit was so strong, afterwards a woman who came to visit said she felt like Heavenly Father was there she could feel the spirit so strongly.
3. Did your conference edition of the Ensign ever arrive? YES! Thank you, I have loved reading all of those amazing talks, and thanks for the highlighters!
4. Preaching Forth comes out next week. What would you like me to say about the amazing Elder Sky? That he is pretty much the luckiest missionary in the whole world to be in NYNY south, and there is no greater work that is taking place then that of missionary work. Wow, how amazing is it to not have to worry about grades, or girls, or essays, but just put my trust in the Lord, and allow his will to be done!
5. How is everybody in the Apartment of Babel doing? Does your new companion Elder Oliva speak English or solemte El Espanol? I think both Brother and Sister Midgely served in Guatamala. Pretty sweet. We are awesome! Elder Oliva speaks pretty good english, so there isn’t really a language barrier. Our pad has become really tight, these are the best kind of elders. 6. Is there anything we could do for you? Not anything I can think of for now!
7. BONUS, this ones for YOU….. What did you learn from comp study this week? That when you and your companion become one in purpose, things begin to pick up more then ever!
I love all of you, and thanks for the letters of support I have received from all of you. The church is true, and when you figure that out, nothing the world will throw at you matters! How awesome is hope and faith?
Sly,
Elder тиё
p.s. go rangers
Training Thrills
13 years ago
We love reading your post and the progress of the people you're working with. We continue to pray for you. Soon I'll get on top of things and have the girls write you a letter.
ReplyDeleteSLY