Monday, June 15, 2009

Fam and Friends!


Good morning! It is another fantastic week in Brklyn,ny! I loved everything about this week, and am just sad it is over. It was my 20th week in Brooklyn, and time is passing by way to fast! Transfers are next week, and I have no idea what is going to happen with Elder Oliva. He is called Spanish, so he might go back to the Spanish program, or he might stay. We will see!
It was an amazing week for finding and teaching. We were able to teach 25 lessons in 7 days, a record on my mission so far! WOW! It was fun being able to teach the Plan of Salvation about 5 times, and it is good to continue to learn how to teach it better and better. My drawing of the plan is getting pretty good too.
I love being a missionary soooo much! New York is an amazing place to be right now! I’m loving it.
Mendy is progressing really well, and continues to read the book of Mormon like crazy. She is awesome. Greg is moving right now, and so he is trying to get settled in to his new place before he gets baptized. Nicholas is excited to continue to learn more, and one of the new investigators John is excited about the Book of Mormon. There are a lot of things going on that are very very exciting! :)
Now for the Q's of the week:
1. How are you? How was your 2nd week of June? Great, and I cant believe we are half way threw june! holy smokes.
2. Can you catch us up on your team of investigators? How’s Greg doing? almost all of them progressed this week, and are excited about learning more and more.
3. I’m not sure I’ve ever remembered to ask you this, What service to you do for service each week? We have been going down to the Coney Island boardwalk and beach and doing different things down there. Picking up trash and sweeping sand off the board walk have been the favorites so far. I love being about to look at the ocean, is really nice.
4. I haven’t seen any new pictures for a while. I would love some, sorry not a question. I will get some headed your way.
5. I was wondering approximately how many contacts you make each day and how many of them would like to know more? Probably around 25-40 everyday, and maybe 3-5 are interested to hear more.
6. Did you get to Moroni this week? What’s your favorite verse you read? Yep, I love the second half of Moroni 10, Gifts of the spirit are amazing!
7. Did you ever get to meet the Well’s family in your ward? I hope so. Not yet, I haven’t seen there name on the ward records, maybe its another ward in Brklyn, I will keep looking though!

I love this work, and I love being able to do this all day, everyday. Continue to pray and get to know your Heavenly Father. This is a church where every single member is expected to have their very own testimony, and it is possible. Just pray and get to know your God. I love y'all! And you are in my prayers everyday!

SureLoveYou,
Elder Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment