
This week was stupendous! We had a lot of success with the investigators, got two new awesome Russian investigators I’m super excited about! Right now I am about as excited as I have been since arriving in Brklyn. I’m just so excited about so many different awesome things that happening right now! It is an awesome time to be serving a mission!
Just to tell the miracle of the two Russian investigators. They are friends, and are both named Helen. They are looking for a church to join, and one of the two Helens ran into the church while she was in Russia and so they wanted to come and find out. They got our number, and asked if they could come to church. We gave them the directions, and then yesterday when we got there, they were sitting in the chapel talking with the Russian members!!! It was amazing. During Russian Sunday school class they asked amazing questions, and one of them gave the closing prayer, and it was sooo powerful. Really exciting!
Now you can see why I’m so excited!!
And now for the questions of the week:.
Questions for Elder Sky??????
1. With it being transfers this week, is your apartment involved in the changes? And how about YOU? Yes, Elder Grow is going back to the ASL program to train, but Im sticking around with Elder Oliva, and Elder Wu is getting a new comp.
2. How are you? Sorry that should have been first. Dad just wanted the transfer question at the top of the list so I would not forget. What adjective describes the week of June 15-21st? Tanfastic! Couldn’t be better, I wouldn’t trade this in for anything
3. How has the teaching gone this week? Does the rain slow things down? Slowed down a little bit. It has rained everyday for almost 2 weeks. It is crazy, but im loving the cooler then normal weather.
4. How are those valiant investigators doing this week? Did Greg get settled in his new place? Awesome. Greg is still in the process of moving his stuff, it has been a big task.
5. Is there anything Elder Thiot’s family can do for YOU? Just keep the prayers coming this way.
6. BONUS for you….. What is something not in NYC that your excited about? My new NIECE!!! Holy cow I cant believe she is about to be born, she will be walking around by the time I get home.
Time is going by waaaay to fast right now. There are not enough hours in the day, and way to few days in a week. I’m loving every minute of it, and cant wait for the success we are seeing to continue to flourish. I love y'all, and a special shout out to my pops, happy fathers day!
With Love, Elder tHIot
P.S. Grandpa, I am praying for you, get feeling better!
Just to tell the miracle of the two Russian investigators. They are friends, and are both named Helen. They are looking for a church to join, and one of the two Helens ran into the church while she was in Russia and so they wanted to come and find out. They got our number, and asked if they could come to church. We gave them the directions, and then yesterday when we got there, they were sitting in the chapel talking with the Russian members!!! It was amazing. During Russian Sunday school class they asked amazing questions, and one of them gave the closing prayer, and it was sooo powerful. Really exciting!
Now you can see why I’m so excited!!
And now for the questions of the week:.
Questions for Elder Sky??????
1. With it being transfers this week, is your apartment involved in the changes? And how about YOU? Yes, Elder Grow is going back to the ASL program to train, but Im sticking around with Elder Oliva, and Elder Wu is getting a new comp.
2. How are you? Sorry that should have been first. Dad just wanted the transfer question at the top of the list so I would not forget. What adjective describes the week of June 15-21st? Tanfastic! Couldn’t be better, I wouldn’t trade this in for anything
3. How has the teaching gone this week? Does the rain slow things down? Slowed down a little bit. It has rained everyday for almost 2 weeks. It is crazy, but im loving the cooler then normal weather.
4. How are those valiant investigators doing this week? Did Greg get settled in his new place? Awesome. Greg is still in the process of moving his stuff, it has been a big task.
5. Is there anything Elder Thiot’s family can do for YOU? Just keep the prayers coming this way.
6. BONUS for you….. What is something not in NYC that your excited about? My new NIECE!!! Holy cow I cant believe she is about to be born, she will be walking around by the time I get home.
Time is going by waaaay to fast right now. There are not enough hours in the day, and way to few days in a week. I’m loving every minute of it, and cant wait for the success we are seeing to continue to flourish. I love y'all, and a special shout out to my pops, happy fathers day!
With Love, Elder tHIot
P.S. Grandpa, I am praying for you, get feeling better!
I don't think I ever had people call me on my mission asking for directions to the church let alone give the closing prayer while there for the first time. Dang!!! Awesome experience!
ReplyDelete