February 16, 2009
Fam and Friends!
Good morning from New York! This morning I am in one of the part-member families in our ward. The library is closed today, so they were nice enough to let us use their computers. We had some pretty crazy things happen this week! A lot of good things happened! We have a brand new investigator Natasha, who is from Russia, and she told me yesterday that she is excited to learn a lot more about our church, and she is feeling it is the right thing! Now for the q's.
Questions???????
1. How are you doing this fine day? I'm not sure if we will hear from you since the Library is closed today for Presidents Day. already answered
2. What happened this week that you were not expecting? YES!!!! We were expecting elder Howells to get transferred, but something happened,, and president decided to ship elder Pickett away, so me and Howells are going to be together. I have noooo idea why on earth president is doing it, he said he wanted us to start up a Russian program, and that me coming here was exciting, but looks like he wasn’t as excited as we thought, so its a little weird... I am pretty shocked, to say the least. I really like Howells so it wont be bad, but I will actually be the senior comp, after being in the mission 3 weeks... kind of weird. He has only been out 2 transfers, so we’re both very young. I get to keep working with the Russians, but we can’t do as much since my comp doesn’t speak a word of the language. I am going to keep learning the language, and the Lord will provide.
3. I'm guessing Elder Howells is packing it up today. Where do you go for Transfers? Haha, thats what I was thinking was going to happen, oh well
4. Can you tell us what a typical day in the life of Elder T.O. is like? Wake up @ 630. work out/yoga. shower. delicious bagels. study the scriptures for an hour, "Comp study" for an hour, and a hour of Russian. We go hop on a bus, then a train, and go find referrals, and then go get on a another train, go teach investigators, and then have lunch/dinner from 3-5. Go find less actives and recent coverts. Get home by 930, and talk and write in the journal. Life is great, I love it. I wouldn’t want to be any where else. Thanks to Char for the pictures of Keelie, and everyone who sent awesome letters!!! They rock.
sly,
elder t.o.
stay true to the faith!
Training Thrills
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment