February 9, 2009
Hey! I hope you actually get this this week! I’m sorry that no one heard from last week, but this myldsmail.net said it sent it to you, so... who knows?
Anyways, this week was amazing! We had a baptism after church of a sister named Nargisa, and she is Russian, and she committed last Thursday, and 10 days later she got baptized! Its amazing, the Russians are really starting to want to listen more and more to our message! I love this area. We teach all day everyday, so we are busy, but I’m so happy right now. Transition to missionary life has been really easy, the sleeping schedule was nothing to worry about, and everything has just been great. I don’t feel perfect health wise, but everything is making up for that, I just need to keep eating more food, but food here is mega expensive!
1. How is my favorite missionary in the NYNY S Mission? Great, not perfect all around, but the work here is moving quickly. I will only be in the threesome for another week, then it will just be me and Pickett.
2. Can you tell us about your trip? Nothing exciting happened. We were a little delayed in Atl, but other then that it was fine.
3. Was there somebody to pick you up in NY? President and Sister Bennion and the office elders where there.
4. What is it like there? Amazing, so different then Plano or Provo. Everywhere you look, people and buildings. Very few people are born in America, mostly immigrants.
5. Where do you live? Does this address work? 1080 West Street Apt D Brooklyn, NY 11223
That is my address, I need everyone to send me letters so I can get a residency, and get a library card, so I can have more time for writing emails, thank you!
6. Have your shirts or back pack or teaching supplies or a package I mailed arrived? YES YES THANK YOU THANK YOU
7. Is there anything you need? Letters, and that’s it. In like a month, I would like a package with some sports/sweat pants, and the CD Joseph/a Nashville tribute, I think its in dads car
8. How big is your area? How do you get around? Its huge, 1/3 of Brooklyn, trains and buses and walking 9. How was your trip? Did anybody throw up on you? it was great. nope 10. Are there other missionaries in your apartment? yep, two Chinese elders. im actually in the Chinese district, so its amazing. I love these guys.
11. Do you have a car? Was the duct tape car yours? Wasn’t our car, that was a car in the projects. We don’t have a car, no where to park.
12. How's your weather? cold, it was in the teens and snowing last week, burrr... 13. Do you ride public transportation a lot? always.
Just so you know, we are in a ward with like 150 members, and 15 Russians, and we are hopefully going to start a Russian branch, so pray for that. I love it here, the work in fun, but hard. Pray for the people of New York, and our new converts Nargisa and Molika.
I’m praying you get this letter!!! I love y'all, and cant wait to get some mail, hint hint. SLY Elder T
Hey! I hope you actually get this this week! I’m sorry that no one heard from last week, but this myldsmail.net said it sent it to you, so... who knows?
Anyways, this week was amazing! We had a baptism after church of a sister named Nargisa, and she is Russian, and she committed last Thursday, and 10 days later she got baptized! Its amazing, the Russians are really starting to want to listen more and more to our message! I love this area. We teach all day everyday, so we are busy, but I’m so happy right now. Transition to missionary life has been really easy, the sleeping schedule was nothing to worry about, and everything has just been great. I don’t feel perfect health wise, but everything is making up for that, I just need to keep eating more food, but food here is mega expensive!
1. How is my favorite missionary in the NYNY S Mission? Great, not perfect all around, but the work here is moving quickly. I will only be in the threesome for another week, then it will just be me and Pickett.
2. Can you tell us about your trip? Nothing exciting happened. We were a little delayed in Atl, but other then that it was fine.
3. Was there somebody to pick you up in NY? President and Sister Bennion and the office elders where there.
4. What is it like there? Amazing, so different then Plano or Provo. Everywhere you look, people and buildings. Very few people are born in America, mostly immigrants.
5. Where do you live? Does this address work? 1080 West Street Apt D Brooklyn, NY 11223
That is my address, I need everyone to send me letters so I can get a residency, and get a library card, so I can have more time for writing emails, thank you!
6. Have your shirts or back pack or teaching supplies or a package I mailed arrived? YES YES THANK YOU THANK YOU
7. Is there anything you need? Letters, and that’s it. In like a month, I would like a package with some sports/sweat pants, and the CD Joseph/a Nashville tribute, I think its in dads car
8. How big is your area? How do you get around? Its huge, 1/3 of Brooklyn, trains and buses and walking 9. How was your trip? Did anybody throw up on you? it was great. nope 10. Are there other missionaries in your apartment? yep, two Chinese elders. im actually in the Chinese district, so its amazing. I love these guys.
11. Do you have a car? Was the duct tape car yours? Wasn’t our car, that was a car in the projects. We don’t have a car, no where to park.
12. How's your weather? cold, it was in the teens and snowing last week, burrr... 13. Do you ride public transportation a lot? always.
Just so you know, we are in a ward with like 150 members, and 15 Russians, and we are hopefully going to start a Russian branch, so pray for that. I love it here, the work in fun, but hard. Pray for the people of New York, and our new converts Nargisa and Molika.
I’m praying you get this letter!!! I love y'all, and cant wait to get some mail, hint hint. SLY Elder T
No comments:
Post a Comment