March 2, 2009
Family and Friends!
First off, happy Texas Independence day! Funny thing is, no one in New York seems to know anything about it... weird. Anyways, this was an amazing week. Lots of amazing things happened, so I figured I would share a couple of miracles that happened in elder Howell’s and my life’s this week. On Friday, we meet with Victor. He has been investigating the church since last summer, and is amazing. He reads the Book of Mormon every day at work, and has a testimony. He has always had a problem with committing to baptism, but this week my comp and I prayed that his heart would be changed, and on Friday he told us he realized that baptism is his way of showing God his commitment, so he decided on Saturday, March 14th, and he is getting excited for that day. If everyone could pray for him to have the courage to follow through with the day, it would be greatly appreciated. That was a pretty awesome miracle, but the week wasn’t over yet, the best was yet to come. On Sunday, Natasha came to church and in Gospel Essentials class the lesson was on... BAPTISM!!! Such amazing timing, and it was a miracle. We had a lesson with her after church, and she has realized she needs to be baptized. She has seen all the change that has come to her life, and so she picked the 22nd of March to follow her savior's example and go into the waters of baptism! She is so amazing, and I love being able to teach her in Russian, it is such an amazing experience.
Those were definitely the highlights of the week, and my entire mission. There is something very special about being able to find someone, and teach them the lessons in their native tongue, and see their lives change. Before the questions, I thought I would tell you a little more about my comp. Elder Howells is the second to oldest in his family, ranging from the older 21, and the youngest 2. He is from San Diego, and went to BYU Idaho for a year, and turned in his papers and ended up in New York. He is a super cool missionary, and is easy to talk too, and gets along with everyone. He is learning a little bit of Russian from the lessons we are teaching which is exciting.
Now for the Questions...
1. How are those amazing investigators doing? AMAZING! Read above
2. Can you give us an update on your health? Did the doctor have any ideas of what’s going on inside of you? ( for me and dad only) Some sort of parasite, but they gave a nice anti-biotic that I’m pretty sure knocked it out
3. How’s your weather this first fine week of March? Is it a Lion or a Lamb beginning to March? It is snowing like crazy today, even the New Yorkers are surprised.
4. If you had an extra hour each day, what would you wish you could do? Probably study Russian more.
5. What was your best meal of the week? And why do you only get 2 dinner appointments a week rice and chicken was super tasty. We don’t have enough time for dinner appointments.
6. Did the sister who was recently baptized and went to pick up her son get back safely with him not yet, but we have talked with her.
7. Did you get Elder Rader’s letter I forwarded? I hope so yep!
Tell Edgar and Greg congrats for me, I had a dream where I saw those two in the temple, I’m so glad to hear its happening.I love yáll, and mom, could you send a sheet with everyone in the family and close friends birthdays thanks
SLY Elder Sky
Training Thrills
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment