Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!

This week could be appropriately described as being pretty super. A lot of amazing things happened, and the people we are working with continue to progress. Life is good.
I just wanted to say how much it helps to have an amazing comp as a missionary. I have been really blessed and fortunate to have amazing companion after amazing companion. I do feel bad because a lot of the times I hear stories of missionaries who had to learn patience and other Christlike attributes, but I have just had such amazing comps I haven’t had to learn those things from them. I am way thankful for Elder Merrill, he makes working in Jamaica really amazing.
Now for the week:
We had amazing things happen to us every day. The highlight of the week was our appointment with Smith. We are teaching him at a member’s house, and the member’s daughter is not a member. After the lesson which went really well, the daughter, angie, came out and talked to us for a while, and then seemed really interested. On Sunday we found out she had read First Nephi. She is really impressive. Its amazing to see the testimonies of our investigators when they share them with others.
Another amazing thing that has made life so good is that in the last 7 days, 20 people in our zone of 18 missionaries committed to get baptized in February. It is a very exciting time to be in Jamaica and to see all the amazing people that are getting fired up and find the truth. When it snows in Jamaica, it pours.
The only downside of so many people getting baptized is someone has to interview them all, so yesterday during church there we 6 baptismal interviews for next Sunday’s six baptisms in the ward. So it was pretty spiritually tiring, but the people here are amazing!
Now for the Q’s of the week:

Questions for Elder Sky…
1. How are you and how was your week? SUPER sweet.
2. What happened this week that you couldn’t even imagine? Members asking us to teach their friends. Jean Laveaux has told everyone he knows and now we are trying to find time to schedule appointments with them. Another members, Fritz Alexis gave out 12 pass along cards Saturday morning to his friends at another church, and a lot of them came on Sunday. He is awesome.
3. How are your amazing investigators progressing? Very well, and faster then I expected. It looks like Smith and two of his daughters will be baptized in February!
4. Did your valentine and Preaching Fourth arrive yet? Yes! Thanks p4th, its so sweet to be from the coolest unit on earth.
5. Have you made a decision about your release date? It is looking like the beginning of July right now, but its not in stone yet.
6. Will you see your district before valentines if I stick a package in the mail today for ya’ll? Yes, we see eachother all the time, that would rock.

I hope everyone has a great Chinese new year and valentines day on Sunday. I never know how big new years was til I came to NY. It is huge here! So get a red pocket for the ones you love, and remember that the church is true. Happy Birthday Gram! You are the greatest 75 year old I know and I LOVE you!

Sly,
Elder schuyler thiot

No comments:

Post a Comment