Monday, October 5, 2009

Confrentastical!




What a week! This was such a great week! I cant even believe that it is october and conference has come and gone. The only bad news is now the suit coats have come back, and I wont get to walk around with no jacket for 6 months, but with the weather cooling off, its not too bad.
Its amazing that with conference, I can sit watching the prophet, and know that my friends and family around the world is watching the same thing at the same time. It was really a confrentastical feeling!
Isn't President Monson the MAN? I love him. And Elder Bednar and Holland both gave amazing talks again! Yesterday I loved the talks from Elder Nielsen of the 70, who went on a mission to Finland, and had a son go to Russia. And the talk from one of our newest General Authorities, Elder Sitati was exceptional. Our church continues to grow in diversity all around the word, and especially in Brooklyn, NY!
If I sound excited, its because I am! I love Conference, and I love being on a mission, so this last weekend was the convergence of Awesome(Im not sure that is proper english at all, oh well).
We had a number of our investigators come and attend sessions, as well as watch at with the internet. We are going to be making rounds around to our investigators watching talks with them just in case they missed it. I love love loved it.

Now for the Q's:Questions for Elder Sky…
1. How are you? How was your week? Very good and it was a great week.
2. Did you enjoy General Conference? ummm.. YEP!
3 Which speakers spoke right to you? I felt Elder Holland was looking at me when he was speaking, but Im guessing thats how everyone felt. I also loved Pres Uchdorf's talk from Priesthood session.
4. What happened this week that you were not expecting? We had a former investigator who we havent seen for 6 months walk in to confernce. He felt like he just needed to come.
5. How are your investigators doing? Did they get to come to conference? Amazin' and yes!
6. Did you listen in Russian or English to Conference? a little mix, bust mostly english.
I hope all is well wherever you are, and if not, commit to make it better! Change begins with a decesion to change, but its easier said then done. I love yáll, thanks for the letters and support.
Love,
Elder Тиё

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool about the investigator showing up at Conference!!! I want to stay updated on that! We loved Conference too and thought about you often Elder T.O.!

    ReplyDelete