I know I started last week’s letter with wow! And so I had to take it to the next letter for today! This was not just any old wow! Week, it was stupendous! I’m not entirely sure what that means, but that’s why they invented dictionaries!
Shout out Merriam Webster. stupendous (comparative more stupendous, superlative most stupendous) Positivestupendous
Comparativemore stupendous Superlativemost stupendous
Astonishingly great or large; huge; enormous.
One cannot appreciate how stupendous the Matterhorn is without seeing it.
Of stunning volume, degree, or excellence; marvelous.
The renovators created a stupendous new look for our house.
So this week had so many awesome moments, again, I will just share the highlights!
So Greg, our investigator who came to church on Easter and has been coming ever since picked may 24th as the day to get baptized!! I am sooo excited for him. He hasn’t smoked a cigarette for 3 weeks, and has been reading the book of Mormon as much as possible. He told us everything he hears just makes since in the lesson. He is so flippin' stupendous. A little background on him, he is a native of Brooklyn, and his best friend was an inactive member of the church. She started coming back to church, she invited him for Easter Sunday, and now the inactive member's son will get baptized on May 24th also! Things here are so miraculous, I can’t hardly believe it!
So I pretty much can’t tell you half the other stuff that happened this week, but believe you me, it was stupendous! (That’s the last time I will use that word)
I will go ahead and A the Q's for the week.
1. What did you find out on Sunday night about Transfers on Tuesday? Elder Howells is gonzo, so Im getting a new comp. find out tomorrow.
2. What is on your agenda for Preparation Day today? We are doing our laundry after this, and then going to play ultimate frisbee at prospect park! sounds pretty fun.
3. How do you do laundry in Brooklyn New York? Bathtub? Laundry matt? Laundry Mat, which is way nicer then bathtub, but it cost 3 bucks to do a load, so the bathtub was cheaper.
4. What is the Benson Hurst Chapel like? Like ours? How many wards meet there? It is smaller then ours, probably 2/3 the size. We’re the only ward that meets there. Its nice for Brooklyn though, we have a half court basketball gym, which is nice, most chapels don’t have that. The Church converted the chapel from a Knight's of Columbus building.
5. What did you read in your individual study’s today? How about in companionship studies? Believe it or not, Alma 43. I’m going through the middle Alma, and am almost done. And PMG chapter. 4.
6. How often do you meet with your investigators, once a week? Twice? Typically we try for twice a week, but sometimes it turns out to be once, depends on how busy they are.
7. Dad said it takes 2 ½ hours to get to transfer meeting? Is that true? Do the members take you or is that on the bus/train/subway? We ride the subway, but we have to go from Brooklyn, to Manhattan, to Queens, and that takes 2 to 21/2 hours. It’s pretty fun with luggage.
8. Would you like your own copy of the General Conference Report, or does the Mission get those for you. I could get one for you if you would like? I would love one, that would be the best thing ever!
Thanks for all the prayers in our behalf out here in Brooklyn New York! It’s truly the greatest place on the planet earth, and I’m so glad to be here at this time. What a great opportunity I have been given by my Heavenly Father. Happy Birthday dad, and I love y'all!
sly,
elder sky
Training Thrills
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment