This was another fantastic week here in Brooklyn, NY! I have nothing to complain about, it was an amazing week by every standard. I lost Elder Howells on Tuesday morning, but I recieved my new comp, who I will tell you more about later in the email!
So we had a stellar week with a ton of sucsess and exciting things happening everywhere we go.
Yesterday we took a member of the ward, Omar, who is heading on a misson in July to Mexico, with us to teach a few lessons. We set up 4 lessons with the expecation that most would cancel so we would at least get one, but guess what happened? Everyone was home, and wanted to meet with us. We even found some poeple to teach on the bus! It was an awesome night for sure. Omar left so excited, and pretty experienced at teaching the first lesson to people.
Also, a miracle happened this morning! We went to get our laundry out of the machine, and a woman walked over and asked we had seen her laundry and we tried to find it with her, and we found it in a cart in the corner. Anyways, we started talking to her and she asked if we were college students, and we were like, actually were missionaries for our church, do you want to hear the message we have to share. One thing lead to another and we are meeting with her and her whole family on Wednesday. Our goal is always to find families, and her family can be the family we have been praying for!
Also, we meet with Greg again, and he is sooo excited to get baptized! He will be an amazing member, and Sunday at 1pm will be a very special time in his life. We also meet with Mario and he is set to get baptized on Sunday too, so it will be an amazing double baptism!!! He has invited everyone he knows to come to the baptism, and can harly wait another week!
Now i will answer the q's for the week.
Questions for Elder Thiot
I’ve been wondering about transfers last week. How did it all turn out? I recieved my new companion Tuesday morning, and everything turned out really well!
Who is your new companion and where is he from, how long has he been out? His name is Elder Oliva. He is from Guatemala City, Guatemala. He has been out since December, and is called spanish. This is his first time in the spanish program. So in our apartment we have a Chinese speaking elder, and Spanish speaking, and American Sign Language, and a Russian. We are a pretty diverse group. President bennion called us the tower of babel apartment.
How has your week been? AMAZING!
Are you all set for the double baptisms next Sunday? I’m sure excited for you and those two. YEP AND YEP!
How many are in your district? Where are they from? Who is the district leader? Do you have district meeting each week? 8 elders and 2 sisters in the district. Elder Wu, from Hong Kong, is our DL. And we meet every friday for district meeting.
What is the plan for Preparation Day today? We are going to go play some soccer at prospect park, pretty fun stuff, just hope it doesnt rain.
I love this mission! I love being a missionary. There is no better work in the entire world. It is so very rewarding, and I love seeing the results that come from the efforts you put into it! i love all of yall! And may God bless all of you this week.
Love,
Elder t.o.
Training Thrills
13 years ago
I love the "washing machine" experience. Always puts a smile on my face when people think we're college students on our missions. Even better when a family discussion comes out of it. Go Skyteam!
ReplyDelete