Monday, July 5, 2010

...


"To a missionary who's on FIRE! Thanks for always shining so bright! Happy 4th!"


I dont know how to title my last letter, because how to you put a cap on the most amazing experience of your life? I think this week feels alot like leaving home all over again. I have family, best friends, and people that I will know til the end of time here in nyc. Its hard to put into words. I feel bad because there is no way anyone can experience what has happened here to me, but I can just say, it is impossible to write with words what im feeling. The best part of coming back to texas is knowing I get to see fam and friends that I havent seen for as much as 27 months. Its going to be so crazy riding on the plane home.
Im leaving alot of people I love here in new york, but I am glad I get to take one of my converts home with me, and it might be the convert I had to put the most effort and sleepless nights into, me.
For anyone ever considering going on a mission, stop, think about what is the happiest moment of your life, and then consider feeling that way for 2 years nearly non-stop. The gospel is what makes us happy, and as a missionary, we get to try and live the gospel all the time.
I was teaching young mens/young womens yesterday at church with a way cool member, and he made a comment that is profoundly true. He said, "If the church wasnt true, the missionaries would have destroyed it along time ago." We are just 19-22 year olds, but because the church is true, the work moves on despite us.
Im way excited to see everyone wednesday, and I cant wait for some good home cooking, taco bueno, and some on the border. But its a weird feeling when for a long time you look towards a mission, and then your one shot is over. But thankfully, I have had the greatest luck to go to the two coolest missions on planet earth, and meet the coolest people in the whole mundo. I love new york, but more then new york, I love new yorkers, even with all their quirks, they are amazing people.
now for Q's one last time:Questions for Elder Sky
1. How are you and how was your week? so good and it was a sweet week.
2. Did two funny packages arrive this week, I hope? One came, and i love it, that talk by prez hinckley is one of my favorites. He is the man!
3. Do you have time to share about your week? One cool thing that happened with week, I did a baptismal interview for a young woman named kerly. I have done alot of interviews on my mish, but the cool thing about this interview, it was in all spanish. I have been practicing spanish for the last 18 months, and along with the gift of tounges, it was a sweet interview. Her answers were amazing, and I could comprehend it all, it was way cool.
4. Anything we can do for you? If someone could pick my up at DFW this wednesday, it would be sweet, thanks :)

I will talk to ya'll wednesday, have an amazing monday and tuesday.

slyelder thiot(one last time)

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing 2 years we have all had because of Elder Thiot sharing his experiences with us!
    Can't wait for you to see him!

    ReplyDelete