Monday, January 11, 2010

Yes, it Really is THAT good!

Good morning fam and friends! As you can see by the title of this letter, life really is as good as you may have heard. NYC is amazing, and I cant think of how it could get any better.
I have been in Jamaica for 5 weeks now, and I am starting to get a feel for the area. I still get lost because there are so many stinking buses to choose from and they all go different places. But the good news is I am starting to know the members here, and they are awesome.
This was our second week at 1pm church start time, and we continued to have a ton of people in sacrament meeting, including 20 investigators. It was an amazing Sunday for sure.
I wanted to tell a cool miracle story about one of our newer investigators, Roosevelt. He came to church last Sunday for the first time, and enjoyed it so much that he brought two more of his friends to have us teach. When we first got here we didn’t have many people to teach but now our weeks are packed from start to end. Being busy has its down side though; the time goes by too freaking quick.
Janet is doing great, and continues to read and love the Book of Mormon. He read Alma 32 this week, and especially loved the parable of the seed and how it relates to faith. He made an observation I had never heard before. He noted that after the seed is planted and nurtured, it became a tree, but it wasn’t all done then. If the roots didn’t take into the soil, the tree would just waist away and be cast out. He hungers so much to learn from the BoMo, and continues to teach me things.
We also started working with a man named Jean, who has come to church a number of times now, and while we were teaching him, his daughter, who is in her 20’s came in, and wanted to listen too, it was an awesome experience. They both read from the Book of Mormon, and Jean’s daughter should be able to make it to church next week.
Transfers are coming up next week but I am hoping I will be staying here with Elder Merrill for a 2nd time, so we are both crossing our fingers and hoping for the best. Now for the Q’s of the week:

Questions for Elder Sky???????
1. How are you and how was your very cold week? Great and frezzing cold, but I have noticed the days are getting longer, and this weather will soon warm up. Where is the global warming though? That would sure be nice.
2. How are the good people in Jamaica, New York? So good. We had a lot of people talk to us this week out of the blue on the buses and trains. I don’t know what happened, but they said there was an article about the church in the Times or something. Whatever it is, it sure is nice for missionaries!
3. What happened this week that you had been hoping would? We would see the people we are working with come to church. And they did! Church is the place where people can feel the spirit and see the blessings that come from membership more then anywhere else.
4. Have you been able to see the Russian Miracle Family again? Yes, and I will tell you more next week.
5. What’s on your Preparation Day agenda? Going to Flushing-Meadows park. (see photo above taken last fall) They have the US open tennis tournament, and I guess there is a lot of cool stuff to do.

I have ran out of time, but I just wanted to say how much I love y’all, and how much I love being out here, and the church is true. It is such a great feeling to know the truth has been restored. Stay warm!
Sly,
Elder tio

No comments:

Post a Comment