
Happy New Year! I can't believe we are in a new decade! Holy smokes, time has flown by since Y2k. But I couldn’t be happier to be starting a new decade off on the right foot like we are out here in Jamaica, Queens.
This was an amazing week here. Because of the new year starting, we were going around and telling all the members that church would be changing from 9am to 1pm. After telling everyone we could find, something amazing happened. We had 110 people in church this week. It might be a lot of people enjoy sleeping in here, but we had 30 new people come that haven’t come in a long time. It was really exciting to see the Sunday school classes have standing room only. It is an exciting time to be in Jamaica.
Unfortunantly, we weren’t able to meet with the Russian family this week since they went out of town this week, sad day. But we are meeting again this week, so it is pretty exciting.
Although, in good news, we have an amazing new investigator this week, his name is Janet(pronounced Ja-nay). He is from Haiti just like Mendy and Phalles. He is an amazing artist, and has been interested in finding the right church for a long time, and feels very good about coming to ours. He has read everything we give him, and is constantly looking for more to find out. Im pretty sure if you google Janet Sanon you should be able to find some of his art, he does “dreamscapes”, which are amazingly beautiful. *This is one of his on top of the blog
Anyway, this was an awesome week, and now for your Q’s and A’s:
This was an amazing week here. Because of the new year starting, we were going around and telling all the members that church would be changing from 9am to 1pm. After telling everyone we could find, something amazing happened. We had 110 people in church this week. It might be a lot of people enjoy sleeping in here, but we had 30 new people come that haven’t come in a long time. It was really exciting to see the Sunday school classes have standing room only. It is an exciting time to be in Jamaica.
Unfortunantly, we weren’t able to meet with the Russian family this week since they went out of town this week, sad day. But we are meeting again this week, so it is pretty exciting.
Although, in good news, we have an amazing new investigator this week, his name is Janet(pronounced Ja-nay). He is from Haiti just like Mendy and Phalles. He is an amazing artist, and has been interested in finding the right church for a long time, and feels very good about coming to ours. He has read everything we give him, and is constantly looking for more to find out. Im pretty sure if you google Janet Sanon you should be able to find some of his art, he does “dreamscapes”, which are amazingly beautiful. *This is one of his on top of the blog
Anyway, this was an awesome week, and now for your Q’s and A’s:
Questions for Elder Sky….
1. How are you and how was your week? Soo good. I cant even tell you, it was just an awesome week. It went by way to fast. I feel like P-days are every other day, which is scary because I only have about 20 left.
1. How are you and how was your week? Soo good. I cant even tell you, it was just an awesome week. It went by way to fast. I feel like P-days are every other day, which is scary because I only have about 20 left.
2. What did you do to celebrate the New Year? We had to be in the apartment at 6, so we just played some monopoly and tried to hear all the people in Times Square, but they were just too far away.
3. Does they Jamaica Ward have Dinner Appointments for the Elders? Not really, but we get feed by investigators plenty,
4. Was your sweet new convert confirmed on Sunday? What an exciting time for her. Yep, it was amazing, the Bishop did a really good job with the blessing, it was sweet.
5. Did your memory card arrive safe and sound? yep
6. Anything in the whole world we can do for you? Not that I can think of, except maybe send a junk drive so I can put my pictures on it and send my old card home to you.
I have ran out of time and have to go, I love y’all, and have a great 2nd week of 2010!
Sly,
Elder sky
3. Does they Jamaica Ward have Dinner Appointments for the Elders? Not really, but we get feed by investigators plenty,
4. Was your sweet new convert confirmed on Sunday? What an exciting time for her. Yep, it was amazing, the Bishop did a really good job with the blessing, it was sweet.
5. Did your memory card arrive safe and sound? yep
6. Anything in the whole world we can do for you? Not that I can think of, except maybe send a junk drive so I can put my pictures on it and send my old card home to you.
I have ran out of time and have to go, I love y’all, and have a great 2nd week of 2010!
Sly,
Elder sky
Ohh, that's fun about the artist Janet! I love his work, I googled him. It sounds like Jamaica is your place elder sky! We love you!!!
ReplyDelete