Monday, November 2, 2009

NOVEMBERIFIC


How sweet it is! Life here in Brooklyn keeps getting better! The weather keeps getting chillier, but life keeps getting better! I love mission life, I can't even tell you how amazing it is out here. I got a new companion this week, Elder Grimm from Kerns, Utah. He is my first companion from Utah. I really like him and he is a great missionary. He has been out for almost two months, and is excited to be a missionary.
I love the work out here, and we have alot of progressing investigators right now who are looking so promising. I'm really excited for the baptisms that are getting ready to happen.
I can't believe it is November already. Addison Mae is already 4 months old! It feels like a few weeks ago I got the first picture of her. WOW! Time is a crazy thing, and it goes by waaay to fast out here.
The highlight of the week was yesterday in church. Phales, Mendy's husband was interviewed an is going to be recieving the aaronic priesthood next sunday! Its really amazing to see a man who has prepared himself and is now going to hold the very priesthood he has learned so much about. His testimony is unbelievably strong. I just love him and his family. It looks like he will be able to baptize his daughter in the upcoming months!
Also, Malika, one of the Russian members who got baptized right as I got here is getting ready to go through the temple at the begining of the febuary, so we are teaching her temple prep, in Russian. Its cool because its alot of vocab I didnt know, but now I get to learn. She is one amazing woman!
Now for the Q's and A's:
Questions
1. How are you Elder Thiot? How was your week? Great! So Great!
2. Tell us about your new companion. Where he is from, how long has he been out? What languages does he speak? Is he tall? Elder Grimm is a big kid! He is 6'3, and very strong. He is an english elder.
3. Where did Elder Wright get transferred to? Queens! He is now serving with Elder Howells, my first comp.
4. What did you get to help with this week that was amazing? We went out Thursday night with our mission president and taught some lessons. On every lesson the investigators had questions that were perfect for President Nelson, and it was fantastic to know he was there for a reason.
5. Where are you in your Book of Mormon study? 2 Nephi, cruising through the Isaiah chapters.
Did your Halloween box get there in time for Halloween? Could you hear the tape? Did it work? I hope so. Yes, yes, and yes!
6. Did you find a new coat? Do you need more money in your bank account? Actually I didnt have time to return that coat but I will hopefully have time today.
7. Aunt Laurie said she sent you a check for your birthday, did you get it? If you mail it home to me I can put it in your account if you can’t cash it there. I got it, and i will send it to you, and yes, Thank you Aunt Laurie!

I'm so happy right now, I'm just glad I can be out here doing what I love. I can't imagine doing anything else anywhere. NYC is the place to be, and its the greatest city on earth for this work. I love the peace that this message brings to the lives of those around me, and love sharing it with them. I love y'all

with all my love,
elder skyler Tea O

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool you're teaching a former investigator Temple Prep. SO cool! And that you get to see that transformation over the course of your mission. Also, very neat you were able to teach with your mission president, we never did anything like that... but maybe it's because we were girls. :) We're glad you are happy, healthy and loving every minute! -s

    ReplyDelete