
What a fantastic week it was! Another week filled with fun experiences, amazing miracles, and even a few crazy people on the bus, overall, it was perfect.
This week I logged a recored number of miles running around town and having appointments with all sorts of people all over the place. I'm getting familiar with many of the bus drivers on the lines we frequent and I about have the subway schedules memorized.
This week is the beginning of my 8th transfer in Brooklyn, and I never want to leave. It is my home now, and I love the people here, even the crazy ones. The ward continues to be fantastic and supports us in many ways. Our investigators continue to progress, and are able to come to church on Sundays. I love being here. The one down side is I'm loosing Elder Wright this week. which is a bummer. He is an amazing companion, who never complains about anything and just works hard. He reminds me alot of Mckay Crandall. Now I will find out who my new compaion is on Tuesday.
One miracle for the week was on Wednesday night. We were riding the bus out east towards Canarsie, the farthest east neighborhood in the area, and I felt like I shoudl check to see if our appointment was going to be there, I called and they said they weren't going to be home. We then got off the bus and went to go find someone who had ordered a Restoration DVD who lived close to where we were. They answered their door and told us it was pretty rare for them to be home at that time, and it was amazing. They told us they wanted to meet again, so we set a return appointment and are heading back this week! So cool. Now for the Questions:
Question for Elder Thiot
1. Have you been thinking about what you would like to be for Halloween? Any fun ideas? On Halloween night we get to stay in the apartment all night, because NYC is a pretty scary place, but I will be dressed up as a Ninja Turtle as we play a game of Monopoply.
2. How was the 3rd week of October? It was pretty much amazing.
3. What happened this week that you have been hoping would? I was hoping that our Russian investigators would be able to make it to church, and they did.
4. Have you been back to meet with Nicoli again? I loved Mr apartment #3. Yes, and we are heading back again this week!
5. Does the Bensonhurst ward to trunk or treating? Do you get to go? They are having a halloweeen party, which is kind of like trunk or treating, but nobody here has a car, so it is just inside.
The Primary program was yesterday here in Bensonhurst, and the kids did an amazing job. While they weree singing I thought about how blessed I am to have My Eternal Family, and to see how all my siblings are building their own eternal families, it's so amazing. I love all of Ya'll! Thanks for the prayers of support! I know that this church is Christ's very own, and we are his tools in His Hands.
Amore,
Elder Tee-e
I wish I were there to see him dressed as a Ninja turtle. I can't believe he gets to stay in his area another transfer, and his comp is heading out. Crazy!!!!
ReplyDelete