This week was spectacular. Maybe my favorite week since we got to staten, but its debatable. It was chuck full with cool experiences that I wont forget.First off, yesterday we had our transfer calls, and Elder Kosaka and I are both staying here on Staten, but we are loosing one of our padmates, Elder Wright, my comp from last summer. So we will get a new pad-mate tomorrow and have 6 weeks weeks to watch good things continue to happen on Staten Island. I love this place.
So on thursday we had a special zone conference with half the mission and we had a 70 come and do a tour of nyc. It was michael T. ringwood, and he was sooo good. He talked about changing hearts, and how when our hearts are truly converted, missionary work comes as an instinct. he was freaking sick. he is a good man. Afterwards as we were leaving I was saying goodbye to former companions and he looked at me and asked, "Wheres my hug?" So needless to say it was first hug with a General Authority.
Although I have to say that wasnt the highlight of the week. That came on Wednesday. We have been trying to get in contact with a less active member Carson for the last 5 weeks and finally got a hold of him monday, and made an appointment for wednesday. While we were at his house talking, his wife asked the question that music to missionaries' ears, "How do I get baptized?" His wife, Vickie, has been reading the Book of Mormon for a while now, and knows its true, just hadnt know where the church was, but now she is getting ready for a baptism at the end of june. Its such sweet news for the end of my mission to have someone like her to work with.
ok, now for the questions and answers
Questions for Elder Sky…
How are you and how was your week? Couldnt get any better, and sweeter then fiction.
It’s transfers tomorrow, I think, are you staying or going? How about your comp? we are both staying, so he will be my last companion.
What happened this week that you still can hardly believe? Defenitly has to be meeting Vickie and Carson. I cant even stress how prepared she is, and how charitable they are.
Do you have some fun plans for Preparation day today? Yep, we are heading over to the Brooklyn Bridge with a bunch of the missionaries in our zone. It should be good if it doesnt rain.
What did you learn this week about being a good companion? Thats a good question. With Elder Kosaka, he teaches me things everyday, but Im not very good at putting what he teaches into practice. I have alot of work left to do.
Anything we can do for you? I should be good to go for the next 6 weeks. But letters are always a nice thing to find in the mail box. :)
I love new york and the mission so much. Im starting to realize that there is a reason that the mission is 2 years though, my body is tired. I have never slept better my entire life. As soon as my head hits the pillow at night its 630 again. Another cool thing from this week was finding a pair of amazing running shoes last week on p-day. We went to a store in Brooklyn called Century 21, anyone who comes to nyc should stop by, and found a pair of adidas boston marathon runners for half the normal price, and these are nice shoes. So every morning we have been running at the boardwalk and been able to see the sun rise over the city. The sand, sun, and waves make for an amazing way to start the morning. Makes it easier to stay awake during studies.
I gotta run, but i love y'all, stay classy.
sly,
elder sky tee`o
I am going to miss these great letters!!!! What an awesome elder!!!!
ReplyDelete