

This week was an exciting one for sure here on staten. The biggest news would probably be the first crash the SI ferry has had in 7 years. I was 14 when the last crash happened, and had no idea that there was an island called Staten, that I would one day call mi casa. The good news, we rode the ferry later in the day then when the ferry crashed so we avoided getting injured, and we got to ride the ferry with Gov David Patterson, the governor of this great state.
I love it on this island, it is amazing. We keep meeting really awesome people, and the work keeps getting more exciting, and the members keep helping us out more and more. When the members are involved in the missionary work, life gets super easy for missionaries.
I feel like i talked about everything exciting yesterday so I will just answer your questions and hopefully fill you in on anything i forgot yesterday
I love it on this island, it is amazing. We keep meeting really awesome people, and the work keeps getting more exciting, and the members keep helping us out more and more. When the members are involved in the missionary work, life gets super easy for missionaries.
I feel like i talked about everything exciting yesterday so I will just answer your questions and hopefully fill you in on anything i forgot yesterday
Questions for Elder Thiot
1. How are you and how was your week? Im great, and the week was FEERly sweet, and was filled with great appointments with way cool people.
2. You mentioned on the phone that you had learned some things in the past six months that you wish you had known at the beginning of your mission, can you tell us about 2 of those things? Just on how to work as a missionary, and how to find investigators. I started out almost robotic in finding people to teach, but the key is to let people know you're a human. Also, the key to really finding people is to work through the members, which i have learned alot more about.
3. Did you get to have a Mother’s Day dinner? Thank you for praying over our dinner. It was nearly as great as having you there with us. We went to our Ward Mission leader's and had steak and potatoes, and it was ammmazzing. So good, I love our WML and his wife. amazing people.
4. Can you tell us about a great teaching appointment you had this week? On Tuesday we went to Natalie's and taught her mom and sister and grandma, and it went really well. It was an experience I cant really describe.
5. Where was your companion when we got to talk to you? He was talking to his family who live in flo-rida right now.
1. How are you and how was your week? Im great, and the week was FEERly sweet, and was filled with great appointments with way cool people.
2. You mentioned on the phone that you had learned some things in the past six months that you wish you had known at the beginning of your mission, can you tell us about 2 of those things? Just on how to work as a missionary, and how to find investigators. I started out almost robotic in finding people to teach, but the key is to let people know you're a human. Also, the key to really finding people is to work through the members, which i have learned alot more about.
3. Did you get to have a Mother’s Day dinner? Thank you for praying over our dinner. It was nearly as great as having you there with us. We went to our Ward Mission leader's and had steak and potatoes, and it was ammmazzing. So good, I love our WML and his wife. amazing people.
4. Can you tell us about a great teaching appointment you had this week? On Tuesday we went to Natalie's and taught her mom and sister and grandma, and it went really well. It was an experience I cant really describe.
5. Where was your companion when we got to talk to you? He was talking to his family who live in flo-rida right now.
It was a great week for sure. Right now im writing my email from the Jamaica queens library because one of my favorite members in jamaica is moving to japan, so we came over to have a farwell party to see her off. Amazingly, it only took about 30 minutes to make to Jamaica, NYC is small when you have a car.
I love y'all more then you know
with all my sellotape
elder skyler thi()t
with all my sellotape
elder skyler thi()t
How was your visit with cute Elder T O?
ReplyDeleteHe sounds great as always!