
This week was another unbelievable week here in NYC. I continue to love being in Jamaica Queens. It couldnt get any better. Janet Sanon, the artist, was baptized yesterday, and it was a great service. Since we dont have a font in the Jamaica Chapel, we have to ride the subway 3 stops down to Richmond Hill's chapel for all the baptisms. Which makes it harder to get members to come to baptisms, but members keep coming. It is amazing. Yesterday was the 6th straight week with a baptism in the ward, and there are 4 baptisms next sunday, and 3 more the next week. It has made Sunday scheduling really nice though. We go to church at 12 more PEC, then have church for 3 hours, a baptism at 5, and then typically go over to a family's home for dinner afterwards, and thats the day.
Janet's baptism was especially cool because the program featured his own art work. It made it feel very special, and afterwards members were asking him to sign their copy. It was sweet. I will have to send home a program for you.
On Friday night, Elder Merrill and I were on exchanges, so I was with Elder Rowley and we went to go visit Smith, who was baptized 2 weeks ago(and became a Priest yesterday). When we got there, Smith wasnt there yet, but one of his friends was. His name is Alladin, and it turns out that his 3 children live in Haiti, and are strong active members of the church, and he has never known were the church was here, and wants to be baptized. When I got home and told Elder Merrill he almost laughed because that is the 3rd time since we have been together that we have meet someone from Haiti who WANTS to be baptized before we even taught them anything. Our job here is very easy.
Now for the Questions of the week:
Questions for Elder Sky…
1. How are you and how was your 2nd week of March? Sooo good.
2. Did New York ‘s March come in like a Lion so that it will go out like a Lamb? Its been a lion this week. We got off a train on Saturday night and saw trees had been blown over and signs bent over. The wind was blowing like a hurricane.
3. Can you tell us about church yesterday? I can’t even imagine the missionary spirit that is in the Jamaica ward. I wish you could bottle it and send it all over the world. It was great, three recent converts were given the priesthood today, which makes 9 men who have recieved the Priesthood in the Jamaica Ward in 2010. Its so awesome.
4. What did you study in the Book of Mormon today and in Preach My Gospel? I am studying alot of Jacob, but actually today I was reading in Psalms. I love Psalms, and have fallen in love with Poetry of all kinds since I got to NYC. The Psalms are cool, and speak alot of the coming of a great atonement. The message we bring to people everyday.
5. What are you wearing today? Remember when I would always tell Gram when you left for work. Shirt, Suit, tie, socks, shoes, coat, hat? I have jeans, rainbow shows, hoodie, jacket, and a beanie. Its cold and raining, but after this we are going to go play basketball.
6. Anything you need? I got everything I needed in my St. Patties day package! thank you so much. I dont know how my body feels about eating nothing but green stuff/
7. Also, I dont know about rooming yet, I will think about it this week and let you know.
I am so happy I am able to be in Jamaica at this time. As a missionary, you couldnt ask for a better group of members to serve with. They are so awesome, and are so willing to share their testimonies with anyone.
I love y'all a ton, and thanks for the letters and emails. I always love hearing from you. Especially gram and gramps, I feel bad because I hardly ever write back but I love the letters I get from you every week. You two are the bomb.
Stay Classy
Elder T:0
Janet's baptism was especially cool because the program featured his own art work. It made it feel very special, and afterwards members were asking him to sign their copy. It was sweet. I will have to send home a program for you.
On Friday night, Elder Merrill and I were on exchanges, so I was with Elder Rowley and we went to go visit Smith, who was baptized 2 weeks ago(and became a Priest yesterday). When we got there, Smith wasnt there yet, but one of his friends was. His name is Alladin, and it turns out that his 3 children live in Haiti, and are strong active members of the church, and he has never known were the church was here, and wants to be baptized. When I got home and told Elder Merrill he almost laughed because that is the 3rd time since we have been together that we have meet someone from Haiti who WANTS to be baptized before we even taught them anything. Our job here is very easy.
Now for the Questions of the week:
Questions for Elder Sky…
1. How are you and how was your 2nd week of March? Sooo good.
2. Did New York ‘s March come in like a Lion so that it will go out like a Lamb? Its been a lion this week. We got off a train on Saturday night and saw trees had been blown over and signs bent over. The wind was blowing like a hurricane.
3. Can you tell us about church yesterday? I can’t even imagine the missionary spirit that is in the Jamaica ward. I wish you could bottle it and send it all over the world. It was great, three recent converts were given the priesthood today, which makes 9 men who have recieved the Priesthood in the Jamaica Ward in 2010. Its so awesome.
4. What did you study in the Book of Mormon today and in Preach My Gospel? I am studying alot of Jacob, but actually today I was reading in Psalms. I love Psalms, and have fallen in love with Poetry of all kinds since I got to NYC. The Psalms are cool, and speak alot of the coming of a great atonement. The message we bring to people everyday.
5. What are you wearing today? Remember when I would always tell Gram when you left for work. Shirt, Suit, tie, socks, shoes, coat, hat? I have jeans, rainbow shows, hoodie, jacket, and a beanie. Its cold and raining, but after this we are going to go play basketball.
6. Anything you need? I got everything I needed in my St. Patties day package! thank you so much. I dont know how my body feels about eating nothing but green stuff/
7. Also, I dont know about rooming yet, I will think about it this week and let you know.
I am so happy I am able to be in Jamaica at this time. As a missionary, you couldnt ask for a better group of members to serve with. They are so awesome, and are so willing to share their testimonies with anyone.
I love y'all a ton, and thanks for the letters and emails. I always love hearing from you. Especially gram and gramps, I feel bad because I hardly ever write back but I love the letters I get from you every week. You two are the bomb.
Stay Classy
Elder T:0
It's always great to read those sweet letters from our favorite missionary!
ReplyDelete