Monday, November 16, 2009

SUMMERinNoVeMbErTaStIc!



I think that might be the longest word so far, but with the weather so great right now, nothing else would fit. I don't know what it is about NYC and me, but I love everything about it. The members of the ward have told me this is the warmest November here they can remember, and I can't complain at all! It was made for me.
This week was filled with surprises, miracles, and great memories. One of the Russians we are teaching decided they wanted to get baptized, so she is preparing for her date and it should be really soon! She is so awesome. I cant remeber what I have told you about her, but her name is Jenna, she is from the Ukraine, and is now marrried to one of the Russian members here(They just got married about a month ago). They are an amazing couple, and she is going to be an amazing member.
The miracles didn't stop with Jenna, as we had great experiences with Alberto and his family, an amazing lesson with Nicholas, and even found some promising new investigators. It was pretty much amazing.
I can't even tell you how much happiness missionary work brings, and I don't want to think about it stopping.
One of the best parts of being in such an awesome ward is being able to celebrate the holiday seasons with them. We are excited for Thanksgiving dinner with some of our favorite people, and then the Christmas music is already starting to get me excited for the holdidays. I'm just so happy to be in the greatest city on earth for the this time of year. I can't believe how much has happened the past year, its so crazy.
Now for the Q's of the week:
Questions for Elder Sky

1. How are you? How was your week? gr8 and fantastic.
2. How’s your new companion doing? Did either of the other two Elder’s in your apartment change? he is really good, we are getting along gr8. Wow, a russian man sitting next to me in the library just asked me a question in russian as if im a russian, i think im turning into a little russian out here in Brooklyn.
3. What did you learn in Preach My Gospel this week? The importance of the Book of Mormon in everything we do as missionaries.
4. Do you have Thanksgiving Day plans yet? yea, its going to be an amazing day for sure! We have a couple appointments with members that Im really excited for. We were also given permission to participate in the turkey bowl, but im going to try not to break my nose, ;)
5. Who did you meet this week that you will never forget and why? Malika's husband. Her husband is such an amazing man. He was an olympic skier in the USSR, so sweet! Anyways, we had an amazing lesson and meeting with him on saturday that i will never forget.
6. What was your favorite meal of the week? Not to brag, but on Thursday I made really good teriyaki chicken on noodles. It was really good. Living in the chinese district for 10 months has helped me become a much better chef.
7. What scripture did you read this week that had great meaning to you as a Missionary? Its a really simple, but amazing scripture I read during studies. 1 nephi 3:7. One of our investigators is quiting smoking, and has that scripture hanging in his room now to help him remember God is providing a way for us to follow him.
8. Did you stamp(s) arrive? yep!

This was such a great week, but I have a feeling this next week will be even better, and I might have some exciting news for the next email! I love it out here, and wouldnt give it up for the world! I love y'all, and thanks for all the prayers and support.
sly,
elder tē-o
p.s. good luck in El Savador to my friend Breanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment