Monday, June 29, 2009

Gooood Morning!



How is everyone doing? Today is a beautiful day in brooklyn, ny! This week was amazing! I cant believe all the cool things that happened this week. We were able to have lessons and talk with all of our investigators, and they all continue to be amazing.
Some of the highlights were on Tuesday night we had a super good lesson with Mendy and Falis and her daughter. The spirit was so powerful, as we read from the scriptures and talked about the gospel. She is doing so much to change and become what Heavenly Father wants of her, and she knows how important it is to do! Im really excited for change that is going on in her life.
On Friday night, we watched the Testaments with the Russians, and it was so powerful! I love that movie, everyone should invite some friends over, find a copy and watch it. The end is so powerful.
One of the cool new things im working on using in my lessons is the new gospel art book. It is filled with 150 beautiful paintings from the Bible, the Book of Mormon, and the Restoration. It allows you to explain the story of the Book of Mormon, and then show the investigators exactly what we are talking about. One of the amazing members of the ward bought us a copy, and for a $1.50 each, everyone should order one. They are to awesome!
Now for the Q's of the week:
Questions for Elder Sky….
1. How was your week and how did Transfers go? Still here with Elder Oliva!
2. What was the miracle of the week? I love reading about these. I was riding the bus on Thursday coming home from an appointment when I noticed a man sitting across from me. I felt like I should talk to him, and it turned out he was Russian, and had heard about the Book of Mormon, but had never been able to read it. We hooked him up with a copy, and now we are setting up an appointment with him soon!
3. How are the Helen’s X 2 doing? Awesome and amazing. They enjoyed church yesterday.
4. Has President Nelson arrived yet? We sure got a nice letter from President Bennion last week. What a kind man. I’m sure you will miss him. He said how glad he is that you landed in his mission. When will you meet the new President? He arrives tommorow morning, and Preisdent Bennion leaves Tuesday night. On Wednesday morning, we are having a mission meeting in Queens so we can all hear from the president. We are pretty excited to go!
5. What have you learned this week? Being a missionary is like going to the dentist. Nothing can happen til you open your mouth!
6. Would it be alright if I send a picture and the info about Addison when she arrives to that sweet family, their name escapes me currently, and maybe she can call and let you know? YES! that would be amazing. Sister DeOlivera.
7. Did your funny package arrive? Yes, and all the elders are very grateful, I will send some pics home!
8. Do you have any fun plans for July 4th? I hope you get to see the fireworks. I bet they are amazing in NYNY. We are going to stop by Coney Island because the world's biggest hot dog eating contest is down there. I think it is being broadcast on ESPN 2! we will only be able to stay a few minutes, but hopefully we can catch a glimpse of the action. Other then that, our apartment doesnt have to many good views of the city, but we have our fingers crossed.

I love all of you, and a special shout out to Brooklyn who is getting ready to be a big sister!! Good luck Becky, you have alot of prayers being said for you, and I cant wait to see the pictures of my newest niece. But now its time to get back to the work I love so much! Y'all are the best!
Sly,
Elder Uncle Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment