Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13, 2009
Hello hello hello!
I hope everyone had an amazing Easter!
Its a beautiful morning and I have nothing to complain about. Life is great here in Brooklyn! I love being a missionary here, and nothing in the whole world could be better then this. Things in the work are progressing, and we had a number of amazing things happen to us this week.
We got to meet with Johan and he is super excited about the book of Mormon! He wants to gain a testimony and be baptized.
We have two new awesome investigators this week. One is Katherina Pijova, she lived in Colorado and worked for a Bishop, and became really interested in the church, but her brother would never let her get baptized, well, now her brother is gone, so she can get baptized. The only problem is her job makes it hard to take time off to come to church. We will need help to get her to church, but she will be awesome when she does.
We also received an investigator from the sister missionaries, Chris O'day. He is an awesome guy, and once he starts coming to church more regularly, he can get baptized, and he will be awesome for sure.
Now I will answer your q's.
Questions for Elder Thiot????
1. How was your week? Awesome. We got to go to a Jewish family’s house for a traditional Passover dinner on Wednesday night, and had a lot of interesting foods I have never tried before. I don’t know if I will anytime soon either..
2. How are you? Perfect
3. Can you tell us about your Easter Sunday? We went to church and had a lot of people there we had never meet before so it was nice to get to meet them. Then we went to a recent convert's house Easter dinner. The ham was amazing.
4. My friend Candi Brown from Salt Lake knows a family in your ward, Brother and Sister Wells, do you know them? How cool is that? When Ricky was a missionary, they lived in Kansas and Ricky served in their Candi’s ward. I don’t know the wells, but I will find them.
5. What’s on the horizon for this new week? Teaching lots, and finding too
6. How are your investigators progressing? surely and steady
7. What did you learn this week that surprised you? Jesus Christ did the whole atonement for us, and at the very worst moment, even the father had to leave him, so that we will never have to be alone. It’s amazing, I love elder Holland.
8. Did you receive a rather strange combined Conference/Easter box this past week? Yes, and it was fantastic. Loved the tie and everyone loved the conference mix.
I love y'all! I hope everyone is doing as well as we are in Brooklyn. Thanks for preaching fourth!
Sly,
Elder Tien (my chinese name)

No comments:

Post a Comment