Monday, March 30, 2009

March 30, 2009
Hello from the Big Apple family and friends,
Only two more days of March? I don’t believe it! Time is going by way to fast right now! Its really crazy.
This week has been awesome, and one I won't soon forget! So we did a lot of finding this week and it really paid off! We found 3 new English investigators who are pretty amazing. Patricia and Kelvin are the most interested, and we are going to go see them again this week! But that wasn’t even the best part of the week!
So this week we called a man named Johan we meet on a street sweep and said he wanted to come to church, so I told him the directions and we were pretty excited. He didn’t show up at first, so I had a Russian member of the ward call him, and he said he would be there in a few minutes. He showed up for priesthood, and afterwards we sat and talked to him. So his story is pretty much amazing! he is from Armenia and while he was there, he meet the missionaries, was taught, but never got baptized. So yesterday he told us he really wants to be baptized, and he knows this is the true church! So the Russian program is about to get a new priesthood holder! Pray for Johan!
Now for the questions:

Is it transfers this week? Are any changes in the works? Umm... Me and Elder Howells are still together. One of the Chinese elders' time is up and he is going home so were are getting a new room mate, and a new district leader. Other then at, its all the same in Brooklyn
Did your iPod every find it’s way to you? Yep, it’s amazing! We watched conference talks at a recent convert’s house to get them psyched up!
What did you study in companion study today? PMG chapter 4! Listening to the spirit
Did you get to do some “finding” this week? Who did you find? Lots, see above
Can you tell us about a great lesson you taught by the Spirit this week? When we taught Patricia, I could feel the spirit leading our words.
It’s time for Preaching Fourth, is there anything you’d like me to include? not really, just that Brooklyn is amazing
Bonus, your choice Is life as a missionary amazing? Of Course

I’m so excited for conference this week, its going to be great to listen to the prophet and the apostles! The work is moving forth, and the Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth again!

I love ya'll
Sly,
elder t

No comments:

Post a Comment