Monday, June 7, 2010

One Last Push to the End

At Fleet Week on Memorial Day, Love that RED, WHITE & BLUE Tye Elder Sky!
Elder Sky's Desk and wall decorations.

Elder Sky's bedroom & bed. Love that quilt Elder!

One Last Push to the End...
This week Elder Kosaka and I were running at the beach, I think it was Wednesday, and as we were running, we had gone about 5 miles and we were coming to the last stretch of the board walk and then the final half mile on the side walk. I was dead tired, and my body really wanted to just walk and take a breather, but something said, you can give it one last push to the end. Instead of jogging the same pace and hoping to just make it, I started going faster and trying to make it my best half mile. When I made it back to the car, I was ready to collapse, but it felt so good knowing that I pushed it, and had nothing left.
Yesterday, we were on the ferry talking to people after church got out at 1. I was so tired walking along, I felt like there wasnt much left in the tank since starting this "run" 27 months ago, but I realized its the same as running at the beach. There is enough gas in the tank to make it to the end, but I have to push hard, so thus far, its working. My body is about as tired as it can get, but everyday we are still able to push.
Staten Island is amazing, as always. There was a baptism for John Carlo on saturday, and it went really well. The ward is getting excited about missionary work. On Monday, a member called us and wanted us to start teaching her co-worker. The Bishop talked to his neighbor, and got their permission for us to come and teach them the resoration. A young woman brought her friend to church yesterday, and he uis getting taught thursday, and a less active we have been visiting for months came to church this week, and brought her son who wants to be baptized. So things are pretty much amazing.
On top of that, Monday night we didnt have an appointment after p-day was over so we went down to the ferry and meet 4 amazing guys who were are meeting with again. Every person we talked to was interested that day, and that kind of excitment spilt over for the whole week. We went and visited Elizabeth, the member who referred her co-worker, on Saturday and had a cool miracle experience. She works at subway and while we were talking to her and her friend, Fernando, a lady walked into subway and looked at us and said, "your mormons, Ive been looking for you" It was a sweet experience. She had been to SLC a few years back and always wanted to know more. So now we are teaching Fernando, and this lady is coming to church this week!
To be totally honest, if we werent so busy, finishing the mission would probably be hard, but the schedule is packed, and we always have places to go, so its going to be a sick month.

Questions for Elder Sky…
1. How are you and how was your 3rd first week of June in the mission field going? Its good and nice and hot. It feels like july already. This island is as humid as heck. It makes texas feel like a dry desert. I dont know how many shirts I will be able to take home, alot of them are kind of worn out at this point, and my ecco's are getting worn out too, but everything else is hanging in there.
2. What were you able to do this week that you would have never imagined? Just meet so many people who wanted to talk to us, that made the week. It was sweet.
3. How are Carsen, Vickie and Mike doing? What did you teach them about last lesson? Sooo good. They have a very important event happening today for them, so they have been excited for that, and are so excited for vickie to become a member, and hopefully mike will jump on board too. We taught them Gospel of Jesus Christ this week, and its like they were helping teach because they already understand the principles, they just needed to have some of the blanks filled in.
4. Can you give a little more information on what it’s like to be chassed by Wild Turkeys? Are they like crazy Mia Maids? Yea, you just gotta run baby run. Dont look back. :)
5. How was John Carlo’s aka Filipino Chuck’s baptism? Way good, it was on saturday about noon here, and it was a cool filippino event, complete with food and festivites, it was sweet.
6. Anything we could do for you? Nope, thanks for the stamps, now I can finish sending alot of letters, thanks :)

I'm so happy to be here in NYC for however long I get to be here. Its so sweet to know that God the Father, and Jesus Christ appeared in the same state as Im serving in, but I feel like this city is my sacred grove. The experiences that I have had here have solidified my testimony of this church in such a way that I could have imagined when I got my mission call 30 months ago. It has been the best experience of my life, and the best part is, its not done yet.
I love y'all a ton!
SlYSkY

No comments:

Post a Comment