Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Un-Official Mother's Day!




Happy Un-Official Mother's Day!
I am beginning to think that there are alot of holidays, but way to few days dedicated to Mother's! So today I am presenting the second Mother's day, or Mother's appreciation day.
As far as my life goes, this week was amazing. We found new people who are interested in learning more, and place alot of Book of Mormons. We also were able to see another person baptized by the other Elders, David Watson. I got to intereview before, and he is an amazing man. That makes 5 straight sundays with a baptism in Jamaica. And in that time, 16 people have been baptized.
The spirit was very strong yesterday in Fast and Testimony meeting as recent converts stood up and bore their testimonies about their conversions. The one that touched me the most was from Nerissa Benny. She was very nervous, but stood and told her simple, and piercing testimony of the divinity of Jesus Christ, and His love for us shown in the atonement.
The rest of the week was beautiful. The weather has turned around this weekend, and after seeing snow Friday morning, we are flirting with 50 degrees now. That would be amazing. Conference is less then a month away, and its time to put away my suit coat except for church meetings. In otherwards, life couldnt get much better!
Now I wanted to dedicate the rest of my letter to a woman that most of love and hear alot about. She gets lots of praise, but she doesnt get nearly enough for how much she does. She is the defenition of what a Latter-day Saint should be. She raised five children, all 5 would serve honorable missions, and 4 have already been sealed to their own amazing eternal companion. Her ability to love her children was what lead us to make choices that were right. We werent scared of being punished, but we knew if mom said so, it was probabaly for a reason. Dont get me wrong, none of us were close to perfect(except Tatia) but ultimently the big choices that make the biggest affect on our lives were the right choices. From an early age we learned what it ment to choose. We were given choices. We could wear the green shirt or the pink shirt, but it was up to us. It allowed us to get used to making those decesions of more importance later on in life. As a side note, the freedom to choose was suspended during family vacations when we had only the choice between the pink shirts everyone was wearing to disneyland, or the pink shirts everyone was wearing to disneyland. :)
I couldnt think of how someone could be a better example as a mother either. She showed us love and compassion, and was never afraid to help us with our science project that was due in 2 hours.
I want everyone to know how awesome Robynn Thiot is, because I couldnt be here in New York City if it wasnt for that woman. Everyone I am able to meet is because of my mom, and for that, blessings will be poored on her head in this life, and in the next. God holds a very special place in his Heart and Kingdom for his most loved and loving woman, and my Mother has a very prominent position in that place. She goes beyond the call of duty daily, and for that, my siblings and I can never pay her back, the best we can do is to say, I love you.
And that is the truth of it Mom, I Love you. I dont know how to say it any other way.

With all my Love,
the Caboose

p.s. I will answer any missed questions in next weeks email, sorry




Editors Note: I hesitate to even post this beautiful e-mail from Elder Sky. I've had a crazy week and I think somehow he knew this is just what I needed. Thank you everybody for the love and support you give to our Elder Sky too.

No comments:

Post a Comment