
This was a totally different week then last, and it has been incredible to live. Since most people here in nyc are starting to see that the end of winter is coming, there is a certain brightness in people’s faces. A bounce in the city’s step. And it was personified in Jean Laveaux of Port-Au-Prince Haiti. This is a man that 13 days ago lost a number of close loved ones and now has been baptized into the Lord’s living church. What an amazing transformation I have seen in this man’s life in the last 20 days.
He knew the church and the missionaries in Haiti but was never baptized and then when he moved in NY he just never found the church until a 5 weeks ago. He hasn’t missed a church meeting since then. And we were able to teach him all the lessons this week. We were at his house ever night. It was a great experience. The baptism was really nice as well, and the members came and supported him. He has done amazing at making friends with a lot of the members and has been able to become part of the ward.
I am just so excited, because we have seen so many amazing things happen in a very short amount of time in Jamaica. The Lord has provided a lot of people for us to teach, and the people have been touched by the spirit.
I don’t have time for questions because my time is almost up!
I will make up for it next time.
Tell Brooklyn that I love her and Happy Birthday. She is the coolest niece I could ask for. Life is so awesome. I love NYC, and I am so glad I ended up here.
I love y’all!
Keep praying for the people in Haiti, as well as all the people here in Beautiful New York!
With all my love,
Elder t.o.
He knew the church and the missionaries in Haiti but was never baptized and then when he moved in NY he just never found the church until a 5 weeks ago. He hasn’t missed a church meeting since then. And we were able to teach him all the lessons this week. We were at his house ever night. It was a great experience. The baptism was really nice as well, and the members came and supported him. He has done amazing at making friends with a lot of the members and has been able to become part of the ward.
I am just so excited, because we have seen so many amazing things happen in a very short amount of time in Jamaica. The Lord has provided a lot of people for us to teach, and the people have been touched by the spirit.
I don’t have time for questions because my time is almost up!
I will make up for it next time.
Tell Brooklyn that I love her and Happy Birthday. She is the coolest niece I could ask for. Life is so awesome. I love NYC, and I am so glad I ended up here.
I love y’all!
Keep praying for the people in Haiti, as well as all the people here in Beautiful New York!
With all my love,
Elder t.o.
I'm so excited for him to have another baptism!!! He has sure been blessed to find so many great people just waiting for the gospel!
ReplyDelete