Monday, July 6, 2009

Wahhooooooo!!!!!




This was one amazing week! I dont know where to begin, or end, but it was stinkin' amazing! On Monday night we were helping a member of the ward move out of their apartment, when I got a call from one of the members of the ward telling me I was an uncle again! I was waaay excited to hear Addison Mae has joined the Thiot bunch, and now I have a 3rd beautiful niece! That was really fun to hear and Mae is such a good choice.
This week has been one filled with running all around Brooklyn, and even a trip to Queens. We taught people all over the place, and delivered alot of DVD's and Book of Mormons as well. We stayed very busy. Some of the highlights:
We meet with a couple we are teaching and they started talking about Michael Jackson and the plan of Salvation. We taught them the plan about 2 weeks ago, and she said, "I think Michael is probably going to the Telestial Kingdon." Haha, I was pretty surprised she remembered everything we taught her, and so we talked all about the spirit world, and we had a good time getting to bond.
Also, we went to Brighton Beach to deliver a Russian BoMo to a man who ordered it, and it turns out he is a professor of religion and is a genius, and had heard alot about the church, but never meet any members. We brought him a book, and talked for about 30 minutes, but he wants us to come by again, which is really exciting. Very cool man.
Now for the Q's of the week!

Questions for Elder Sky?
1. How are you this first week of July? Hot, it finally got hot here in NYC, and it is really humid. I though it was humid in Texas, but that was nothing. I like alot more then the dry heat. Thanks to the water botttle Tatia and Jake gave me, I am staying super hydrated, thanks you two.
2. Can you tell us about your week, what you did, who you taught, what you learned? We were everywhere. Alot of times using the NYC public transportation. Thankfully we have unlimited cards for the buses and trains, because we used them up this week. But it is so nice staying busy! 3. Did you get to go to the hot dog eating contest at Coney Island? How many Coney dogs did you eat? Yes! We showed up right as it was starting and we watched the American guy beat the Japanese guy by eating 68 hot dogs in 15 minutes! It was the craziest thing I have even seen, and it was a new world record. I got pretty full after about two hot dogs.
4. Which day would you want to live over again this week if you could? Thursday, we found a ton of people riding the buses, which is such a rush of excitment everytime.
5. How was your 4th of July? Did you see any fireworks? Amazing. On top of the roof, we could see the fireworks at: Coney Island, New Jersey, the Statue of Liberty, and Manhattan! It was pretty much the coolest thing I have ever seen. It was like an IMAX experience.
6. What did you study this morning? The Word of Wisdom in the Old Testament.
7. How was meeting your new mission president, what did you think of him? Amazing, he is a super nice man. Very different then President Bennion. Super professional, more like a CEO, but it could be really good for the mission!

I hope everyone out in the rest of the world is enjoying the summer as much as I am, there is nothing better then getting to wear short sleeve shirts! I love the work I get to do, and I cant think of anything I would rather be doing right now! I love all of you, especailly my three little nieces. Way to go becky! And Grandpa, continue to get feeling better, I love you!

Sly,
Elder Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment