Monday, July 20, 2009

TANFASTIC

These are two of the things you can request and the Missionaries can deliver it right to your home.
hey fam and friends!
This week was another great one in a long running series of great ones. I can’t remember a time in my life when I have been so happy and so busy. It is as good as it gets!
So many exciting things happened again, I can’t even begin to explain everything, so once again, and I will try and give you some highlights!
~We received about 10 media referrals for people who were interested in hearing more about the church. So that was pretty much the greatest thing you could ask for. Its like knocking doors but only the doors of the people who are actually interested. Such a great deal! I love it! We had success with a lot of these people, so our teaching pool continues to grow.
~We had 6 of the people we are working with at church yesterday, and a couple of less actives come back for the first time. It was overall, a TANFASTIC Sunday! It couldn’t have gone any nicer. The talks in Sacrament meeting where very nice and the high councilman spoke about missionary work. After church we ran over to the Chinese branch were they were baptizing an awesome woman. Things here in Brooklyn are just so awesome right now. :)
Now for the Q'sQuestions for Elder Sky

1. How are you and How was your week? Sweet and Awesome!

2. Is the Palmyra Pageant going on now? I was wishing they would needmore missionaries and send for the NYNYSouth Missionaries to come and help.How cool would that have been? I would guess so, but I have no idea. I would love to be able to go, but we are super busy, so we wouldn’t even have the time.

3. What did you learn this week in Brooklyn, NY? Every person has interest in knowing more, just a lot of the time, they don’t realize it, the key is talking to them and learning about them.

4. Do you have any amazing plans for your Preparation Day? Not yet, the other missionaries changed the plans, so we might be going to the park to play soccer. I love being outside, and its free!

5. Did your camel pack arrive yet? Did it fit in your back pack? YES and yes! It is sooo awesome to have. My backpack even has a little pouch built in for it, it is the perfect size. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

6. Was there a lesson you helped teach this week that was outstanding? Yes! Maybe 10 that would qualify as amazing. Yesterday we taught a woman named Eslyn with Omar, and she had all the right questions and answers, and it was way powerful.

6.5 Did the pictures work? That falcon was in our backyard eating anotherbird. All that was left was a pile of feathers, YIKES! Yep, I have the coolest nieces in the whole world

7. BONUS, this ones for YOU! Are you excited for the upcoming week? Holy cow, I'm so excited to get to work with all these people.

As time goes by, I’m realizing my mission is going way to fast. I can not believe it is already July, and I have been in NYC for almost 6 months. It’s to crazy to believe. Everyday goes by like a flash, and weeks are feeling like days right now. I feel like I’m writing this email every other day now. It’s crazy. But the Lord blesses those who serve, and I can see the blessings all around me. I love y'all, and happy birthday to Carissa and the new Jamie Cline.

Sly,
天天

1 comment:

  1. what a great missionary. Sounds like things in NY are amazing! So Cool. When Bishop Edgely of the presiding Bishopric stayed at our house he mentioned that he was assigned to that mission as a young missionary and it was very hard and he never got to teach anyone. He said one day he mentioned to Pres. Hinckley how different the mission is now and Pres. Hinckley said, "We have a higher class of missionary there now!" I loved it because I could tell him my nephew is there and he is very high class! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete