April 6, 2009
How the heck are y'all?
What an amazing day it is in Brooklyn, NY. It is raining, and pretty cold, but I’m still super excited after an amazing weekend of conference. What sweet talks were given, and how amazing the testimonies worn(e).
I love the speaker in conference, but while being a full time missionary, it has an even more special meaning. Elder Holland’s talk was my favorite of the sessions, and should be a must read for any and everyone, no matter your faith. What an amazing way he showed the trails Christ went through for us.
This week we read 3rd Nephi in preparation for Easter, and its a testimony builder to read a First hand account of Christ's visit. He really loves us, and has done everything He can for our safe return home; all we have to do is except his gift. That's it!
Pretty flippin' sweet I think.
So transfers didn’t happen quite as we expected. Do to the success we have been having in the Benson Hurst ward, President Bennion sent another pair of missionaries to our ward, so we have another set of elders to help with all the teaching. Its kind of like when the Spanish branch in Plano got another set of missionaries, its pretty exciting. Were able to focus more on Russians now, which is really nice.
Johan continues to be amazing, and we are meeting with him tomorrow, and will let you know more about him next week. The rest of Russians are slowing down a little bit in progression, but the Lord does everything for a reason, and will provide a way for us to help these people.
Now for the Q's.
Questions for Elder Sky?????
How are you today and how was your week? Great and amazing
What did you think about General Conference? Probably the most incredible thing ever
Whose talk was meant just for you? Elder Holland's for sure
Where did you get to listen/watch conference? Our chapel in Benson Hurst had it set up.
Did any of your amazing investigators get to come? The Russians all watched it in one of the member's homes because we didn’t have the Russian feed at the church, :(
How is your new room mate? I hope he is fun and a great missionary. It’s the two new English elders, and they are both really cool.
Anything we can do for you? not that I can think of, I will let you know though.
Do you have plans for Easter? We are going to a recent converts for a traditional dinner, so we are super excited.
I hope everyone has an amazing "Christmas" day today, and thinks about Christ a little more this week as we remember the sacrifice he made for us, as well as the fact that he lives today. I love y'all so much, and I love the people of Brooklyn too. These people are amazing, you can’t even imagine. Put your faith in the Lord, and that’s all you need.
Sly,
Elder T.O.
Training Thrills
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment