Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, 2009
Happy Tuesday everyone,
it feels weird writing on Tuesday but our district got permission to change our pday so we could go to a museum in Brooklyn today. All the museums are closed on Monday, so we are finally going to go see some cool history of Brooklyn!
This week was another phenomenal week. I love it out here, the only problem is time is going by so fast I don’t have time to get everything I done I want too. Today is 3 months since I have been in Brooklyn, and it only feels like a couple of weeks, its crazy.
We had so many amazing things happen this week, I don’t even know where to start. We definitely had a miracle happen on Sunday. We were sitting at church when a young man walked in and sat down on one of the pews (spelling?) elder Howells went and sat next to him and started talking to him. Alex ended up staying all three hours, and after priesthood, we gave him a book of Mormon, and said, "wait, y'all are Mormons?? I have always wanted to be a Mormon!" it was pretty amazing. He knew it was the LDS church, but didn’t realize we are the Mormons. He was pretty excited and can’t wait for next week.
We also have a new investigator, Gregory, who is friends with a less active who just reactivated, and he is super excited about church. We gave him a book of Mormon last week and we asked him how he did reading and he said he hadn’t had that much time, he had only read 11 chapters. He feels like its true, and it’s just a matter of him getting baptized now. Things are so awesome in Benson-Hurst, Brooklyn, New York.
now for the q's
Questions for Elder Sky….
What was the cause of changing E-mail days? Thanks so much for having that sweet sister let me know. You are right on, I would have been worrying all day. Field trip to the Brooklyn museum
How was your week? How are you feeling? amazing, soooo good
What happened this week that you were not expecting? I’ve learned since I have arrived to not expect anything and just let it all happen, and it does!
What was the Miracle of the week? I love these each week and especially last weeks. Miracle of the week would probably have to be Alex showing up for church and loving it.
How is that Johan from Armenia doing? I’ve been thinking about him and praying for him this week. pretty good, he is trying to find a new job and that is taking a lot of his time, but keep praying for him.
If you could live one hour over again this new week, which would it be and why? A lesson we had with Chris O’Dea yesterday. It was so awesome to talk to him about the church, and the spirit was so sweet and strong.
I love this life, and I’m so glad to have the opportunity to be here at this time. Such a wonderful time to be on a mission. Don’t have to worry about all the things going on in the world, just get to put your shoulder to the wheel. Love y'all, and feel free to drop a line.
sly, Elder skyler t
p.s. are the Mavs really up 3-1 over the spurs???? that is so flippin amazing, go mavs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment